Worst Offseason?

Discussion in 'NFL General Discussion' started by mj1987us26, Jul 8, 2009.

1. mj1987us26

mj1987us26 Super

What team has had the worst offseason so far? As much as I don't like what the Chiefs did(I know you guys hate me), my worst offseason team is in the AFC west. No not the Raiders, it is the Broncos. McDaniels went in to Denver and imploded a very talented team. I don't care how you feel about Cutler, you simply do not take a guy with his upside and trade him for a guy who has a weaker arm and isn't all that talented. The second mistake was drafting players who don't fit into the scheme. McDaniels' scheme in NE was a spread that is not friendly for RBs. So what do you do? Draft a RB with your first pick. Then instead of drafting a guy who actually fits the new defensive scheme he drafts a guy who has no real place in that scheme. Now Marshall wants out of town, the only offensive weapon left, I know they have Royal but he flourished because of Marshall and Stokley. What else did they do to help a defense that was absolutely horrible? Sign a man who has lost so much that he will be no more than a voice leader, I am talking about Dawkins. Anyway that is the worst offseason IMO.

2. DaBearsrule4ever

DaBearsrule4ever Hall Of Famer

I have to agree and say the Broncos as well. They trade away what WAS their franchise quarterback in Jay Cutler, their #1 Wide Receiver wants out of Denver, and they've done nothing to improve that defense , atleast nothing that will impress me.