Would you do this trade?

Discussion in 'Fantasy Football Advice' started by SNPokc, Sep 16, 2014.

1. SNPokc

SNPokc DEZ NUTS 2016 Premium Member

My Team
    RB: Morris, Gio B, L Miller, T West, C Hyde
    WR: C Johnson, K Allen, C Patterson, T Williams, J Gordon
    TE: Gates

My potential trade partner is hurt on rb's. Moreno, Ingram, Bradshaw, K Davis
    WR: B Marshall, A Johnson, K Benjamin, S Watkins, S Smith
    TE Julius Thomas

I'm always trying to improve my team. I can get added value from trading Gordon to him because he will get him as a 9th round keeper. I am only interested in getting Marshall or Thomas from him.

Two potential packages I have come up with but haven't offered are Gates and West for Thomas or Patterson and West for Marshall. Would you try to swing a deal or just stand pat? Keep in mind, I'm in first and he is in second. I would love to take one of his key pieces from him, especially for a rb that will be in a committee again if Tate comes back.

Also, I don't think I can trade Miller because West and Bernard are on a week 4 bye and I'll need someone.

Or I could go for the block buster, but I doubt he likes it of Marshall and Thomas for Gates, Patterson, West and Gordon.

2. Greg Brosh

Greg Brosh Local Eagles Fan Fantasy Guru

I'd swing for the fences and offer him the last trade. He could say yes. If not, I would try for one of the other ones involving West. Like you said, Tate isn't going to be out long. And he played well (6.8 ypc) while playing.

SNPokc likes this.
  3. SNPokc

haha he got mad at that big offer. and now thinks my lesser offers aren't fair. I don't upgrade with any of his other players so looks like there won't be a deal.

4. Greg Brosh

Greg Brosh Local Eagles Fan Fantasy Guru

it's doubtful he would have traded anyway.

5. SNPokc

his final counter offer was worse than my 4-2. Calvin West and Gates for Marshall and Thomas, so I stopped talking to him. I'll probably send him the West and Gates for Thomas offer again Tomorrow or Friday when he is desperate.