Would You Want Your Team Trading For Brandon Marshall ?

Discussion in 'NFL General Discussion' started by Jihad Joe, Jun 21, 2009.

?

Would you want your team to trade for Brandon Marshall

1. Yes

56.5%
  2. No

34.8%
  3. Im Ball In the Baskett, of course I would

8.7%
  1. Jihad Joe

Jihad Joe Life to Infidels

Considering his issue's, giving up draft picks, and then giving him a fat deal, would you want your team trading for Marshall?

2. 86WARD

86WARD -

Not a chance...

Too much baggage...

3. mike oxlong

mike oxlong The Voice Of Reason

so much talent. I don't know. I have to think about it. He seems like a team player on the field and has some maturity issues off the field. He definitely doesn't seem like a me me me guy on the field.

4. ball in the baskett

ball in the baskett First Team All Pro

I was very torn on this decision but i finally went with im ball in the baskett of coarse i would. I think his play outweighs his baggage and it would be another weapon for mcnabb.

5. Jihad Joe

He's nuts and isnt far from being Pac Man'd

Brandon Marshall - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

He's got some serious issue's with spousal abuse

Keep in mind, you are gonna be throwing at least a day one pick and a guarentteed contract at him

6. ball in the baskett

ball in the baskett First Team All Pro

I never heard he had spousal abuse doesent sound to good then.

7. 86WARD

86WARD -

That's way too much of a gamble for someone who could be suspended at a moments notice. It's obvious he's got talent. I don't think anyone is questioning that. But he's got too much legal/off-field baggage...he's also had the hip injury...who knows how he'll bounce back from that situation...

8. cpgobrowns

cpgobrowns < Deer/Headlights

I think if you think you are one weapon away, you roll the dice based on the talent. But I'm a Browns fan, so...
    No.

9. K Train

K Train Do You Honeycutt?

yeah, players tend to behave here...id take pacman as a PR too. its an uplhill battle to tear this team a part because theres little tolerance

10. davematthews3

davematthews3 1st Stringer

If he helps you win games. Yes you take him. You gotta take some risks.

11. hermhater

hermhater Guest

No thanks.

12. mj1987us26

mj1987us26 Super

This is true, but Marshall is constantly in trouble with the law. Like Chris Henry but more talented, I think his off the field problems just raises to many red flags to think of him as a help to the team.

13. davematthews3

davematthews3 1st Stringer

I think because of his problems you can get him for a 2 in which case You have to role the dice.

14. MediaGuy

MediaGuy Ball So Hard University

At first I said yes, but Ozzie knows better. Right player right price. They want to much, a 1st and a 3rd. Plus you gotta sign him and his baggage. Pbutt.

15. Fez

Fez Chicharooney!!!

Bruce, Crabtree, Morgan, Hill... naw, I would pbutt. Even though we have a disciplinarian in Singletary.

16. mike oxlong

mike oxlong The Voice Of Reason

Cris Carter was a drug addict alcoholic before becoming a HOF receiver somewhere else. People do grow up and I have equally heard the rumors that his girlfriend was a crazy lunatic herself. You could be taking the same risk on a rookie in the first round that could end up being a bust. With Marshall, you know that you have the skills. It's not like he's just a good WR, the dude has the ability to be the best in the league. It's worth the risk for me.

17. russian.tank

russian.tank BruceAlmighty2010

I would take him in a heart-beat. Nough said.

18. Jihad Joe

He's facing a suspension this year, and one more and its a full year.

Thats a guy you are prolly gonna give up a first for, and will have to give about 20-25 million guarenteed to.

Now if it was a case where you give them a 3rd, and give the guy a one year deal, or a contract like we gave TO after Philly cut him where he gets a roster bonus instead of a signing bonus and its not guaranteed, then maybe.

But for what Denver and Marshall are gonna want, even if Denvers price drops to a second, its just too much of a risk

19. K Train

K Train Do You Honeycutt?

theres a few teams that are a brandon marshall away from being an elite force to reckon with

20. Jihad Joe

And another problem than comes with it

When you get a Brandon Marshall, your not looking for a Brandon Marshall, you are building around Brandon Marshall

Now he backhands his GF, gets areested and gets suspended for a whole year. Thats a huge void you dont have filled