Wounded Giants plan to go down fighting

Discussion in 'New York Giants' started by Kurt, Dec 20, 2013.

1. Kurt

Kurt That Server Guy Staff Member Fantasy Guru

[​IMG]
    John Fennelly, Lead Writer

The season is nearing a close and the Giants will stumble to the finish line. They lost another player to injury today as WR Victor Cruz had his knee scoped. The recovery time for the procedure is 3-4 weeks. The Giants will be packing their bags in two weeks, so Cruz will be in civvies for the remainder.

Tom Coughlin is also running out of offensive linemen and running backs. RB Peyton Hillis (concussion) did not practice today and will likely miss this week’s trip to Detroit.

“ Not very good,” said Coughlin when asked how Hillis was doing. “He still has issues.”

That leaves the Giants with two healthy RBs (Andre Brown, Michael Cox) and one FB (Jon Conner). Coughlin, a former RB at Syracuse was asked if he still had any eligibility.

“I never was good enough, and I doubt if I am now,” the coach replied. “Thank you for asking.”

David Diehl (knee) and James Brewer (ankle) the team’s starting guards, both did not practice again today. Coughlin thought they could practice tomorrow.

I personally cannot recall the team being this thin on the offensive line. Currently, the depth chart on the o-line reads as follows:

RT: Justin Pugh
    RG: Diehl, Brandon Mosley
    C: Dallas Reynolds, Stephen Goodin
    LG: Kevin Boothe, James Brewer
    LT: Will Beatty, James Brewer

Considering the Giants are literally down to the last man, is it time for TE Adrien Robinson to finally dress?

“Maybe,” said Coughlin when asked today. “He’s had a couple of good weeks of practice.”

So, with all the injuries how will the Giants play it? Will they mail it in, or continue to fight?

“I think there’s a responsibility to our team to play your best, be your best. There always is,” said Coughlin. “That’s what we’re in this business for, to do the very best we can and not listen to what people tell you about why you’re playing and the questions that you get asked in this situation. It’s our responsibility to play as well as we can, the competitiveness of it, the pride that goes with it, what kind of statement do you make as a man in terms of you living up to your responsibilities and the example you set for others. There’s an awful lot to play for.”

[​IMG] [​IMG]

Source: Continue reading...