WR Brandon Marshall Says Bears Could Be Super Bowl Contenders

Discussion in 'Chicago Bears' started by Sweets, May 20, 2012.

1. Sweets

Sweets All-Pro

After joining the Chicago Bears this offseason, wide receiver Brandon Marshall is confident his new team can leapfrog the Green Bay Packers and Detroit Lions in the NFC North pecking order. “Honestly, I think we can not only make it to the Super Bowl, but I think we'll have a chance to win it,â€￾ Marshall said on ESPN's "First Take" on Friday via Sporting News. The Bears missed the playoffs last season after losing five of their final six games. Chicago's offense ranked just 24th in 2011, but Marshall said the Bears didn't have to worry about following the high-scoring style of the Packers and Lions. "I look at it the other way," Marshall said. "You have to pay respect to the Packers because they won the division, but those teams don't have a defense like we do." Despite running back Matt Forte's lingering dissatisfaction with his contract, Marshall said the Bears had more than enough offensive firepower to compete within the division. “On the offensive side of the ball, we know what we have in Matt Forte and Jay Cutler, and adding me to the passing game—and opening up other alleys for Devin Hester and Earl (Bennett)—it's just going to make our offense and our team that much better."

Source: NFL.com

Last edited: May 21, 2012
  2. flexnfx

flexnfx flexnfx

Maybe on his Madden game for his PS3....

3. ollysj

ollysj iKraut

It's the time of the year, were every team "could" make it to the playoffs or the SB....

4. Sportsguy

Sportsguy AKA-Sportsguy9695

with a team like green bay in your division good luck at even seeing the playoffs

5. Steve12

Steve12 The night is dark and full of terrors

Plus if Stafford stays healthy. The Bears could be the 3rd best team in that division.

6. CaptainStubing

CaptainStubing Gave her a Dirty Sanchez

eh, i have no problem with this team IF cutler and forte stay healthy, which is very questionable behind that line.

7. falloutboy14

falloutboy14 Rookie

Still, the Bears were very much on pace to make the playoffs prior to those injuries. Once you're in the playoffs, it's anyone's guess sometimes. I think the Brandon Marshall trade will help them a ton as well.

8. themush

themush iDIOT sAVANT

Of course they "could".

My wife "could" come home with 12lb bag of blue crabs, 12 pack of Bud Light, Key Lime pie, and give me noggin' after I'm done. But I ain't bettin' on it.

9. 86WARD

86WARD -

This days NFL...stranger has happened...