WR Dwayne Bowe Has Chiefs In Lockdown Mode

Discussion in 'Kansas City Chiefs' started by Sweets, May 24, 2010.

1. Sweets

Sweets All-Pro

One by one, from every corner of the locker room, Kansas City's players repeated the same line when the topic turned to teammate Dwayne Bowe: "No comment." Chiefs coach Todd Haley took a similar mum's-the-word approach, calling his flamboyant receiver's latest distraction "an internal matter." No one, at least inside the organization, wants to talk about Bowe's story, the one he told to ESPN the Magazine for last week's edition. He said teammates arranged for women they met on social networking sites to meet them at a hotel during a road trip to San Diego in 2007, his rookie season. "You hear stories about groupies hanging out in hotel lobbies, but some of my teammates had it set up so there was a girl in every room, the older guys get on MySpace and Facebook a week before we go to a city; when a pretty one writes back, they arrange to fly her in three or four days in advance," Bowe told ESPN the Magazine. Outside the team, it's caused quite a stir around Kansas City, a juicy plotline for an ordinarily run-of-the-mill part of the offseason. "Dwayne and I did have a long conversation and from this point on, we'll leave it that, that it was discussed, handled internally and we're moving forward," Haley said Monday. "We're worried about making progress as a team as we go forward and that's what's really important to me now."

Source: ESPN.com