WR/KR Jacoby Jones Wants To Finish His Career With Ravens

Discussion in 'Baltimore Ravens' started by Sweets, Feb 7, 2013.

1. Sweets

Sweets New Member

Once an obscure player at tiny Lane College, Ravens kick returner Jacoby Jones is now a Super Bowl champion who's on the cover of Sports Illustrated this week, Aaron Wilson of the Baltimore Sun reports.

"It's fun," Jones said during a fan appearance Wednesday night at the Macy's store at White Marsh Mall. "I'm enjoying it. I like it. You know me, I'm a role player. I just go along with the ride."

Jones was instrumental in the Ravens' 34-31 victory over the San Francisco 49ers in his hometown of New Orleans, Jones had 290 all-purpose yards to establish a new NFL Super Bowl record for total yardage, that included a 108-yard kickoff return for a touchdown, the longest in Super Bowl history to open the second half.

Jones also beat 49ers cornerback Chris Culliver for a 56-yard touchdown catch, the longest play the 49ers' defense allowed all season.

"I had so much excitement after the game, I popped a blood vessel in my eyes," said Jones, who was sporting sunglasses Wednesday. "That's why I'm wearing shades. My eyes are all red. All I can say is, 'Wow, and I want to do it again.'"

Entering the final year of his contract, Jones is due a $1 million roster bonus on March 16, the fourth day of the new league year. He's due a $3 million base salary and has a $4.9 million salary-cap figure. His deal includes a $500,000 escalator clause triggered by total receptions for the 2013 season.

When asked if he's hoping to sign a long-term deal, Jones replied quickly: "I want to retire here."

Source: The Redzone