WR/KR Jacoby Jones Wants To Finish His Career With Ravens

Discussion in 'Baltimore Ravens' started by Sweets, Feb 7, 2013.

1. Sweets

Sweets All-Pro

Once an obscure player at tiny Lane College, Ravens kick returner Jacoby Jones is now a Super Bowl champion who's on the cover of Sports Illustrated this week, Aaron Wilson of the Baltimore Sun reports.

"It's fun," Jones said during a fan appearance Wednesday night at the Macy's store at White Marsh Mall. "I'm enjoying it. I like it. You know me, I'm a role player. I just go along with the ride."

Jones was instrumental in the Ravens' 34-31 victory over the San Francisco 49ers in his hometown of New Orleans, Jones had 290 all-purpose yards to establish a new NFL Super Bowl record for total yardage, that included a 108-yard kickoff return for a touchdown, the longest in Super Bowl history to open the second half.

Jones also beat 49ers cornerback Chris Culliver for a 56-yard touchdown catch, the longest play the 49ers' defense allowed all season.

"I had so much excitement after the game, I popped a blood vessel in my eyes," said Jones, who was sporting sunglasses Wednesday. "That's why I'm wearing shades. My eyes are all red. All I can say is, 'Wow, and I want to do it again.'"

Entering the final year of his contract, Jones is due a $1 million roster bonus on March 16, the fourth day of the new league year. He's due a $3 million base salary and has a $4.9 million salary-cap figure. His deal includes a $500,000 escalator clause triggered by total receptions for the 2013 season.

When asked if he's hoping to sign a long-term deal, Jones replied quickly: "I want to retire here."

Source: The Redzone