WR Kyle Williams To Be Released By 49ers

Discussion in 'San Francisco 49ers' started by ICECOLD, Nov 12, 2013.

1. ICECOLD

ICECOLD 1st Stringer

Kyle Williams has run out of chances with the San Francisco 49ers.

ESPN's Adam Caplan reported Tuesday that the Niners will place the wide receiver on waivers, according to an NFL source.

Source: NFL.com

ICECOLD's Take: I was seeing that this was going to happen sooner or later since he hasn't been very productive this year receiving or on special teams. Without his speed on the outside defenses will presumably be able to play closer to the line of scrimmage against the 49ers offense.

2. CaptainStubing

CaptainStubing Gave her a Dirty Sanchez

if only they had released him prior to January 22nd, 2012, the niners would be super bowl XLVI champions, Alex Smith would be adored in San Francisco, and Colin Kaepernick would be holding a clipboard.............

3. Walnuts

Walnuts All-Pro

Yeah probably not. He was forced to be back there returning last-minute because Ginn hurt his cat, I don't think whoever was third in line to be the return guy would have done much either if Williams wasn't on the team. Plus, Alex Smith was the reason that game was lost, not Williams.

4. ICECOLD

ICECOLD 1st Stringer

This is bitter sweet for me because I really pulled for Kyle. Maybe the injury affected him more than anyone thought, but he really took steps backwards this year.

5. CaptainStubing

CaptainStubing Gave her a Dirty Sanchez

Obviously, my post was tongue in cheek. No game is ever won or lost with one play. Yes, Williams puked all over the field in crunch time but mainly i just wanted to make a few of the Alex haters choke on their drinks at my potential scenario.

6. MadMoxxiFavGun

MadMoxxiFavGun Going Crazy

Kyle Williams is the reason the niner's lost. 2 turnovers which lead the giants to getting points

7. markaz

markaz Resident Cards Fan Staff Member

There's no Alex Smith haters around here. [​IMG] This story is about the potential release. He was officially released.

Last edited: Nov 13, 2013
  8. Walnuts

Walnuts All-Pro

Signs with the Seahawks in 3...2...1...