WR Mario Manningham Wants To Stay With Giants

Discussion in 'New York Giants' started by Sweets, Mar 6, 2012.

1. Sweets

Sweets All-Pro

Giants wide receiver Mario Manningham will be a free agent when the market opens on March 13. Though in the past he put his chances of re-signing with the Giants at 25-50 percent, he said on Monday night that he does expect to hit the market. He said no progress has been made in talks with the Giants, and given their problematic salary cap situation it’s doubtful they’ll be able to afford him once he’s free. “I want to be here,†Manningham said according to Ralph Vacchiano of the New York Daily News. “I feel like we can do a lot of damage in these next four, five years. That’s just how I feel, because we’re all young. “It’s not up to me, I want to stay. (But) it’s a business too. You’ve got to look at it like that, too. It’s a business. That’s how it is. You got to look out for your family, that’s how it is.â€

Source: The Redzone

Last edited: Mar 6, 2012
  2. TideRedskinslunatic

TideRedskinslunatic 2nd String

He's not a number 1 reciever anyways! why would he want to leave?anybody that pays him money and expects him to be the number 1 wr on any team,is truly idiotic!

3. SeanTaylor21

SeanTaylor21 TheKingofKind

Yeah man keep playing the slot, but don't expect to get paid #1 receiver money.

4. CaptainStubing

CaptainStubing Gave her a Dirty Sanchez

yep, if he really wants to stay with the giants, then he will need to understand his role there and take a very reasonable contract, one that might be quite a bit less than something some other team might throw at him.

if he's just looking to get paid, then he just needs to hit the open market and see who the highest bidder is.