WR Victor Cruz Wants Up To $11M A Year From Giants

Discussion in 'New York Giants' started by Sweets, Apr 4, 2013.

1. Sweets

Sweets All-Pro

The Giants reportedly have extended an offer to Cruz worth $7 million annually with more than $20 million in guarantees.

Roc Nation will have to bridge a sizeable gap, as Cruz expects a much bigger pay day. The Daily News reported Wednesday that Cruz's last request under former agent Tom Condon was closer to the $10 million to $11 million range per year.

Cruz wants to be paid the going rate for a No. 1 receiver entering his prime, while the Giants are offering elite slot-receiver money.

With Hakeem Nicks also in the market for a new contract, the Giants are faced with quite the conundrum at wide receiver, although Cruz has a significant edge in reliability and consistency the past two seasons, Nicks is viewed by the team's brass as a more legitimate No. 1 receiver.

Source: NFL.com

Last edited: Apr 5, 2013
  2. CaptainStubing

CaptainStubing Gave her a Dirty Sanchez

well, with the way receivers are getting paid this off-season, why not?

they are apparently now the 2nd most important position on the field after QB according to the way they are getting paid.

3. K Train

K Train Do You Honeycutt?

4. DCoach_R

DCoach_R Special Teamer

But is he really that good to earn that much money a year? I mean, yes some receivers are worth more, but is he?...

5. DaBears22

DaBears22 Matt Forte = future MVP Staff Member

According to the article, the Giants don't think he is. If they view Nicks as a no 1 and not Cruz, why would they pay Cruz no 1 money. I think he's a good receiver but not a top 5 receiver imo.

6. SeanTaylor21

SeanTaylor21 TheKingofKind

History repeats itself, all I'm going to say.

7. RichLikeWh0a

RichLikeWh0a Hermhater = Nemesis

cruz is a really, really good receiver imho. he does a lot of good things. that said, please don't pay him, new york.

8. CaptainStubing

CaptainStubing Gave her a Dirty Sanchez

yes, i'm sure that's the issue. the Giants can't really afford to pay 2 guys #1 money and i'm sure cruz feels like he could be a #1 on many teams so he wants that type of money.

9. DCoach_R

DCoach_R Special Teamer

I just say he needs to show the Giants why he should be getting that much. He did have some great plays last year, but he needs to up his game.