WrestleMania XXVI

Discussion in 'Wrestling Talk' started by Mike S., Feb 23, 2010.

1. DaBearsrule4ever

DaBearsrule4ever Hall Of Famer

McIntyre better not win MITB at Wrestlemania.

2. andy82

andy82 Your Soul, It's Mine!

I've just noticed that Kofi Kingston isn't on the card. Amazing considering the massive push he received in November. It just shows how much influence certain RAW main eventers have on booking.

3. DaBearsrule4ever

Maybe he's the 10th man in the MITB ladder match?

4. andy82

Possible, not like it'd matter, Drew McIntyre is pretty much a dead on cert for that win, even if he's possibly the least over person in the company (Along with Sheamus).

5. Mike

Mike Want some Cheetos?

kingston went from the next big thing to nobody in a blink of an eye

imo, what a shame.

6. andy82

A massive shame indeed, he was over with the fans and would have been a much needed main event face. Instead, they pushed Sheamus who nobody cares about.

Hopefully Kofi gets moved onto Smackdown with Evan Bourne and Jack Swagger, maybe that way they get a chance, because with Trips, Orton and Cena running the RAW boat, there's no way they are getting any form of push any time soon.

**********Automerged Doublepost**********

Another thing, is the Orton/Legacy match a triple threat or handicap match? Because as far as I know, Legacy haven't split yet? Or is it just another booking botch?

7. Mike

Mike Want some Cheetos?

i believe orton vs legacy is a handicap match

8. andy82

Possible opening for Kofi then, considering Orton seems to be sliding into becoming face (Which is pretty lame, he's got the personality of a brick).

9. Mike

Mike Want some Cheetos?

with the way they book things, a kofi addition is possible
    i think it would be CRAP, but it wouldnt shock me in the least

10. DaBearsrule4ever

Kissing butt in the wrestling business goes a long way, atleast in WWE it does.

11. andy82

True that, look at Elijah Burke, he didn't kiss ass, they tried to put him in the spirit squad then gave him a crappy boxer gimmick in ECW. TNA takes him, give him good gimmick and now he's one of the most over faces in Wrestling.

Like you said in WWE, Talent doesn't equal success.

12. DaBearsrule4ever

Honestly, in my opinion, ROH is the place to be if you don't want your time wasted. In WWE, you can have all the talent in the world BUT if you are not kissing ass, they'll shove you to the side and push someone who is kissing butt and has already had their moment in the spotlight. In TNA, as long as Hogan and Bischoff are there, I don't see the younger talent getting a chance. They'll continue to push over the hill talent that had their moment in the spotlight 10-15 years ago. ROH on the other hand, your time will not be wasted there. You can go to WWE or TNA from ROH, get buried in one of those two promotions, go back to ROH and have your career be reborn.

13. Mike S.

Mike S. GIF Hall Of Fame Class Of 2007 Staff Member

Updated Card:

World Heavyweight Title Match: Chris Jericho [c] vs Edge

Streak vs Career: Shawn Michaels vs The Undertaker - No countouts, No Disqualification

Money In The Bank Ladder Match: Christian vs Dolph Ziggler vs Kane vs Shelton Benjamin vs Jack Swagger vs MVP vs Matt Hardy vs Evan Bourne vs Drew Mcintyre vs Kofi Kingston

WWE Title Match: Batitsa [c] vs John Cena

Bret Hart vs Vince McMahon

Unified Tag Team Titles: Big Show & The Miz [c] vs John Morrison & R-Truth

Triple H vs Sheamus

Randy Orton vs Ted DiBiase vs Cody Rhodes

Rey Mysterio vs. CM Punk - if Punk wins, Mysterio joins the Straight Edge Society

Last edited: Mar 23, 2010
  14. andy82

So Kofi finally gets his slot. Too bad it still obvious that Drew McIntyre is going to get the briefcase :\.

15. bandi

bandi Hall Of Famer

I hate Sheamus...where in the Hell did he come from? I don't get how he all of a sudden showed up and became the Champion....he sucks big time. :icon_evil:

16. Mike

Mike Want some Cheetos?

he was on ECW, but from what Ive read, He trains with HHH and thats why he got the massive push

17. andy82

He spent three months in ECW, spent a month beating up jobbers on Raw, then suddenly won a No.1 contender battle royale and got a weak victory at TLC.

Like MikeTSZ said, him and Trips are BFFL.

18. Mike

Mike Want some Cheetos?

he's squashed Evan Bourne twice which just kills me

19. andy82

Same. WWE really doesn't know how to utilize such an outstanding talent. You can give me the reason about mic work, but are the RAW main eventers any better?

Same with Morrison, sure he needs a gimmick, but hell, he knows how to put a show on.

20. Shameus needs a shirt or something. He is the whitest thing ever