Wrestlemania XXVII

Discussion in 'Wrestling Talk' started by andy82, Feb 22, 2011.

1. Mike S.

Mike S. GIF Hall Of Fame Class Of 2007 Staff Member

i say vickie and cole are getting more heat than punk right now, steve. when vickie says "Excuse Me" or when Cole says "May I have your attention, please?", the crowd really boos them very loudly

2. SRW

SRW Ex-World's Worst Site Admin

Yeah they do, but to me Punk is the biggest heel who can actually go in the ring.

3. andy82

andy82 Your Soul, It's Mine!

Michael Cole was widely hated even before his heel character because he was a crap commentator. Saying that though, he is fantastic in promos, and pairing him with Jack Swagger will get them both over. Could be this generations Bobby Heenan.

4. Inclulbus

Inclulbus WE ARE! .. Marshall!

im thinking about attending wrestlemania.

5. Chipper10

Chipper10 Back 2 Back! Roll Tide Roll!

Vickie could be argued as being a bigger heel, even Cole .. especially with his antics with Jerry Lawler. But, once more. My opinion remains the same. I don't see the hype behind CM Punk. They're playing the Punk/Orton thing off something that happened 2 1/2 years ago. Hell, they don't even have Triple H going after the man that took him out, nor Undertaker. Just seems a bit far fetched to me. And how they switched the roles of Orton and Cena in the pictures. Cena vs Nexus. Orton vs Miz. Now, Orton vs Punk/Nexu. Cena vs Miz.

My biggest problem was the mention of the move set, when so many of the "great" superstars have had limited move sets. They've moved at slow paces. We all have our opinions, and we're all not going to like someone else's much. But, yes. To me, CM Punk is a joke.

I don't get the point of saying "time to have a field day" either, when no point was clearly proven. We are basing all of our arguments on opinions, which we are all entitled to. So, I'm laughed at for saying Punk is a joke, and thinking Orton is talented.

You guys can be laughed at for thinking Punk is actually worth a damn. We're all even. :]

Now, I'm wondering if this WM PPV is worth ordering now. Rock. Stone Cold. Cole vs Lawler. Just, im not TOO thrilled about the line up, yet. Taker vs Triple H is almost predictable. I dont see Taker losing at WM. Why now? Why to Triple H, when he's lost to Taker at WM before?

Lawler vs Cole is going to be laughable, simply because Cole is in the match. Stone COld will be the only high point of the match. And when he stuns both of them, most likely..then well, yeah.

The Rock I am thinking is going to actually help Cena win his match. But, I can also see him screwing Cena out of it..which would be a heel move, and unless he's returning to wrestle, which I doubt, I don't see happening.

Punk vs Orton is a toss up. Both can be seen as getting revenge, one way or another. I just hope it ends at WM.

I dont watch Smackdown to care much about the Smackdown World Title.

So.. debating still. Lol.

6. SRW

Funny....after watching RAW this I was thinking the same damn thing.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WTiNlEtxJ78]YouTube - WWE Superstars: Michael Cole announces who will be the special guest referee[/ame]

Cole is horrid as a commentator but he could be developing into more of a manager role. I just thought managers were too "rasslin" for the McMahons who simply want to distance themselves from wrestling. It's like the mob boss who's trying to go legit. It's not going to happen Michael Corleone.
    Step 1. Check out Smackdown.....hell, it's uploaded for free by the WWE to YouTube and Hulu.

7. Sweets

Sweets All-Pro

What I see is that Punk can't do anything alone anymore and I hate that. It's always the pack mentality with him...try and kick Orton's butt by yourself Punk you tool, and Michael Cole, "SHUT YOUR FREAKING PIEHOLE YOU DWEEB, irritating lil twat...oh and heck you Steve for making me watch this crap!!!!

8. SRW

And she says she's not a fan.....

9. Sweets

Sweets All-Pro

Only if Jericho comes back...hehehehe

10. andy82

Well for those who don't like The Miz, there's one bit of news that may restore a little bit of faith in that Alex Riley has been demoted back to FCW (thank god).

11. SRW

Wonder if he'll be future endeavored after the DUI. What happened to the youth movement in the WWE? It seems all the young guys have been getting buried of late.

12. Mike S.

Updated Card:

Edge (c) vs. Alberto Del Rio for the World Heavyweight Championship

The Miz (c) vs. John Cena for the WWE Championship

No Holds Barred - The Undertaker vs Triple H

Michael Cole vs Jerry Lawler - Special Referee: 'Stone Cold' Steve Austin

C.M. Punk vs Randy Orton

Cody Rhodes vs. Rey Mysterio

To place bets on this event, go here

13. andy82

For me personally I don't think Riley really ever looked like he could be more than a Superstars/Jobber kind of guy, so it wouldn't shock me if he did get let go after WM.

It does feel that the youth movement has been stalled yet again, Morrison is back to jobbing clean the last few weeks after looking like he could be entering the main event scene at any moment, Sheamus has been losing for three months (Although he looks set to get the US Championship on Raw, unless they are planing to move him to Smackdown), Kofi hasn't even been on TV the last couple of weeks and many speculating that he could very well be on his way out (which would be surprising since he's one of the most over non main eventers), DiBiase is jobbing now on Superstars after many touting him as a sure fire main eventer this time last year, and even Crapintyre's getting thrown at the bottom of the pile (Although the stuff going on with his psycho wife has hurt him more than anything else).

The only young uns at the moment getting a push is Cody Rhodes, who although has been great as of late, will job to Rey Mysterio so that our favourite little Latin American can massage his ego on the biggest stage of them all, and Jack Swagger, who himself spent the last six months getting buried after their attempts of making him a Kurt Angle/SRS Chris Jericho clone failed miserably.

It's disappointing really, because all those guys mentioned at one stage have had moments where they were going to join the likes of Cena, Borton, Triple H and co.

14. andy82

Card updated. This is looking like an extremely gimmicky Wrestlemania this year.

15. Mike S.

Updated Card:

Edge (c) vs. Alberto Del Rio for the World Heavyweight Championship

The Miz (c) vs. John Cena for the WWE Championship

No Holds Barred - The Undertaker vs Triple H

Michael Cole vs Jerry Lawler - Special Referee: 'Stone Cold' Steve Austin

C.M. Punk vs Randy Orton

Cody Rhodes vs. Rey Mysterio

John Morrison, Snooki and Trish Stratus vs. Dolph Ziggler, Layla and Michelle McCool

To place bets on this event, go here

16. SRW

UGH! :icon_rolleyes:

17. 86WARD

86WARD -

Jersey Shore Snooki?

Guarantee that she pins the male on the other team?

18. SRW

So here's a rundown of the storylines....

The Rock came back and again handed Cena his butt without having to appear live. The latest video was classic:

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cl6A5HkAkCE"]YouTube - Raw: The Rock introduces himself to The Miz & a "young" Cena[/ame]

Later the Miz ended up having to take on The Great Khali. The dumb oaf got his butt handed to him with a steel chair:

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m-zkpXh2Y9o"]YouTube - Raw: The Great Khali vs. The Miz[/ame]

It was nice to see some ruthlessness from the Miz as he beat down Cena. He really needs to have people hate him and I think he's pulling it off between getting the best of Cena and also messing with the Rock. I really like how he's grown as a performer. So, for those who missed it, enjoy. Cena haters will enjoy it too (then you'll remember Super-Cena always finds a way in the end....)

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BSPztRYGa8E]YouTube - Raw: John Cena vs. Alberto Del Rio[/ame]

19. Chipper10

Chipper10 Back 2 Back! Roll Tide Roll!

I still haven't watched this past week's RAW. So, im a little behind. However, as far as the youth movement? I was kinda looking forward to it. Morrison and Kofi both getting pushed would be great, but doesn't seem to be happening now. Sheamus, I am not much a fan of. He came in, got pushed really quick and is now filtering off.

I havent seen Cody Rhodes wrestle much lately, but he didn't impress me much when he was around on RAW. And now that Dolph Ziggler is on RAW, I kinda wanna puke because that's going to bring Vickie Guerrero over as well, regardless if she wasn't "hired" there or not.

20. SRW

BTW, all the shows are available online like a day after the show on YouTube:

YouTube - WWEFanNation's Channel

You can watch full shows or pick and choose the segments you want to check out.