Wrestlemania XXVII

Discussion in 'Wrestling Talk' started by andy82, Feb 22, 2011.

1. Mike

Mike Want some Cheetos?

glad i didnt order it, ive read multiple reviews about how bad it was. how do you keep a 8man tag but not have your US title defended? srlys

2. DaBearsrule4ever

DaBearsrule4ever Hall Of Famer

I have to agree with SRW in questioning the match order. Since the Sheamus/Daniel Bryan match was taken off the card, I would have opened Mania with the 8 man tag but thats just me. I guess Alberto Del Rio won this year's Royal Rumble just to be in the opening match at Mania. The Orton/Punk match before the Snooki, Trish, & Morrison/LayCool/Dolph Ziggler match? Really? I also question having that match after Taker/HHH as well. As for the WWE title match, I was bored as hell during this match. The Rock saved this match.

3. Mike S.

Mike S. GIF Hall Of Fame Class Of 2007 Staff Member

Results:

Dark Match: Sheamus [c] vs Daniel Bryan in a lumberjack match for the WWE United States Championship was turned into a brawl and SmackDown General Manager Teddy Long changed it to a battle royal. The Great Khali last eliminated Sheamus. The belt did not change hands.

Edge (c) d. Alberto Del Rio to retain the World Heavyweight Championship

Cody Rhodes d. Rey Mysterio

Santino Marella, Kofi Kingston, Big Show and Kane d. Wade Barrett, Justin Gabriel, Heath Slater and Ezekiel Jackson

Randy Orton d. C.M. Punk

Michael Cole d. Jerry Lawler by DQ when the RAW GM said the referee has blatantly overstepped his authority by physically interfering in the match

The Undertaker d. Triple H by submission in a No Holds Barred Match

John Morrison, Snooki and Trish Stratus d. Dolph Ziggler, Layla and Michelle McCool

The Miz (c) d. John Cena to retain the WWE Championship

4. andy82

andy82 Your Soul, It's Mine!

Edge (c) d. Alberto Del Rio to retain the World Heavyweight Championship

Good match to open the show, but a real shame that it only lasted around 10 minutes and cheapened the WHC in the process by doing so. 7/10

Cody Rhodes d. Rey Mysterio

Rey doing the job shocked me, and I'm happy he did because once again Cody showed that he will be Main Eventing sooner rather than later. An outstanding match which played out the story of the feud perfectly and worthy of a WM spot. 8/10

Santino Marella, Kofi Kingston, Big Show and Kane d. Wade Barrett, Justin Gabriel, Heath Slater and Ezekiel Jackson

Entrances lasted longer than the match and effectively buried the Corre. A waste. 1/10

Randy Orton d. C.M. Punk

Good booking on this one, letting Randy play out the injured star and keeping him to his strengths, whilst letting CM Punk get the majority of the offense which he is so good at doing. A nice spot to finish the match with the RKO from a CM Punk Springboard Dive. 7/10

Michael Cole d. Jerry Lawler by DQ when the RAW GM said the referee has blatantly overstepped his authority by physically interfering in the match

Better than the McMahon/Hart joke of a match last year, but it really deflated the crowd giving Cole so much offence where the guy clearly looked well out of his depth. Went on way too long, and rounded off with a screwy ending with the Dusty DQ. 4/10

The Undertaker d. Triple H by submission in a No Holds Barred Match

I honestly thought this was going to suck, I was wrong. Will never be mistaken for a technical masterpiece, but the psychology and story being played out throughout the match between the two was fantastic to watch, and was very worthy of fufilling the No Holds Barred nature with a couple of pretty nasty spots (Taker getting Spinebustered through the table, HHH backdropped from table to the floor) and even a hearshot to the head. Both guys put on a real good show, and whilst it probably won't be considered in the realm of Taker's last two matches against HBK, this is one that you wouldn't mind watching again and again. 9/10

John Morrison, Snooki and Trish Stratus d. Dolph Ziggler, Layla and Michelle McCool

Well, the booking on this one was wacky. You had two of the strongest young ring workers in Morrison and Ziggler, yet they were only used in one spot outside of the ring, relying on a retired Trish Stratus to carry the match with LayCool. Despite this, I was actually impressed with what Snooki did in the ring, because I was expecting little and she did some pretty remarkable things considering she isn't in the business (Looked better in ring than quite a few of the current Divas). Better than most of the celeb involvements in recent years, but it could have been so much more if they let JoMo & Ziggler work the majority of the match. 4/10

The Miz (c) d. John Cena to retain the WWE Championship

HHH/Orton WM25 has now got a challenger for the award of worst WM main event. With had everything that is needed for a bad main event, sloppy ring work (Cena looked sloppier than usual), a crowd that seemed bored stiff and a screwy finish, it may have been okay for a Raw main event, but for the biggest show of the year it failed to deliver. The ending was awful, a double countout, a restart (Didn't they learn from WM9, with the Hart/Yokozuna/Hogan debacle?), a screwjob before finishing with a beatdown. All this match did was disappoint and felt like it was just furthering Rock's feud with Cena & Miz, rather than provide a climax of the Cena & Miz feud. 3/10

-1 for bumping off what would have been a great match between Daniel Bryan & Sheamus

Average/Overall Rating: 5.25

A shame really that we had some good matches (HHH/Taker, Mysterio/Rhodes) get overshadowed because of some real crapfests (Cena/Miz, 8 Man Tag).

5. Chipper10

Chipper10 Back 2 Back! Roll Tide Roll!

Yeah. Sheamus,Bryan bumped to before the show. My aunt called and told me that before it came on, becuase she was there. Just, horrible way to end the show without a doubt. And, The ROck as host, hyped up, etc? He had more of a role in the past few weeks on RAW then it seemed like at WM.

The way the Lawler/Cole match played out at the end was BS. Good job, WWE for that screw up.

6. TheDuke

TheDuke Breast Man

So now what? Cena/Rock is going to happen. Does that mean more Orton/Miz feuds? That was a train wreck in the first place and is probably one of the most boring feuds I can think of. Where do we go from here? Maybe a Rock/Miz feud. BAHAHAHA worst Wrestlemania Ever and the start of the downhill slide.

7. This may be the time to turn Cena heel....not certain Vince would do it since the WWE is PG and John's audience is mostly kids to young teens.

But The Rock is clearly getting more cheers week after week and he was in a similar position 9 years ago when Hulk Hogan returned with the nWo.

Despite being a villian.....Hogan drew more cheers and The Rock was getting booed out of the building. Hogan turned face at WrestleMania 18 and The Rock eventually turned heel in February 2003.

At that time....it was "The Golden Age" vs. "Attitude Era" Now with The Rock and Cena.....it's "The Attitude Era" vs. "PG Era"

I can't think of a better way to turn Cena heel than against The Rock.

8. DontKnowMe

DontKnowMe Anti-Social Networker

I don't think they have the balls to do it.

9. misfitz

misfitz Dropping Twitter Bombs

That RKO was pretty sweet i enjoy watching Punk lose cleanly to a hurt Orton.

10. Mike

Mike Want some Cheetos?

did andy really just say cody rhodes is gonna be a main eventor soon?

11. Dragonite

Dragonite Simply Arrogant!

IMHO this was the best part of the entire show. Just saying.