Yankees SP CC Sabthia Unsure If He'll Trigger Opt-out Clause

Discussion in 'Baseball Talk' started by Sportsguy, Feb 15, 2011.

1. Sportsguy

Sportsguy AKA-Sportsguy9695

Yankees SP CC Sabathia Unsure If He'll Trigger Opt-out Clause

CC Sabathia's winter weight loss has the ace showing off a lighter look, and on the subject of a potential contractual opt-out, he sounds a little bit different as well.Sabathia, 30, can become a free agent after this season if he decides to trigger a clause in his deal with the Yankees.The left-hander has often said that he plans on fulfilling the entire $161 million commitment on a deal that runs through 2015, but his tone changed slightly on Monday as Yankees pitchers and catchers officially reported to George M. Steinbrenner Field.

Source: MLB.com

2. Litez0ut

Litez0ut Litez0ut Sucka

If he does opt out it's a smart move he can prob get a few more million a year.

3. Xpunk10

Xpunk10 X10

It's not a money issue.. it's a years issue. The man will make 90 mil over the next 3 seasons after this year... he wants the assurance he'll still be playing when he's 40

4. Sportsguy

Sportsguy AKA-Sportsguy9695

I would hate to see him go. The Yanks should start making moves incase he does leave

5. ragman

ragman Pro Bowler Fantasy Guru

6. TheDuke

TheDuke Breast Man

He's going to pull an A-Rod. Opt out of his contract, listen to other offers to drive up the price and resign in New York. All of those money grubbing douchebags deserve each other.

7. Buck Fenson

Buck Fenson formerly Jake from State Farm

Sports should have nothing but one year contracts. Enough of this opt out bullcrap. Sign a contract and play it out. They are guaranteed so play it out.

8. Agent Zero

Agent Zero I rode the short bus

9. ragman

The Rangers can make him an offer, but I hear he loves NY as much as Cliff Lee loves Philly.

We'll see what happens during the off-season.

10. Steve12

Steve12 The night is dark and full of terrors

Opt out and come to Chicago. :icon_cheesygrin:

/nevergonnahappen.

11. ragman

How are their finances?

12. Steve12

Steve12 The night is dark and full of terrors

I'm pretty sure the only bad contract we really have left is Soriano. Zambrano will be gone, Ramirez is a free agent but he'll probably he gone. Depending on what we do at 1st base, whether it be Pena or Pujols or Prince or something else, I think we could afford to bring Sabathia in. I don't think it will happen though. He wouldn't want to come here.

13. ragman

Maybe Theo Epstein will do for the Cubs what Jon Daniels has done for the Rangers.

14. Litez0ut

Litez0ut Litez0ut Sucka

Opt out and sign cheaper cc haha

15. TheDuke

TheDuke Breast Man

I'd say Theo had a better chance to sign CJ Wilson than CC. I can see him making a run at that japanese dude as well. Yu Darvish is coming to America!!

16. Dragonite

Dragonite Simply Arrogant!

Come to Boston :p