Yankees SP Ivan Nova Exits Early In Game 5 Of The ALDS With Tight Forearm

Discussion in 'Baseball Talk' started by Sportsguy, Oct 7, 2011.

1. Sportsguy

Sportsguy AKA-Sportsguy9695

Things didn't go so well in Game 5 for New York Yankees starter Ivan Nova, who lasted just two innings before leaving with the Yankees trailing the Detroit Tigers 2-0. But there was a reason for his quick exit: a tight right forearm.Nova allowed back-to-back home runs in the first inning and began to feel tightness in the top of the second. He was removed after getting out of the inning.Nova will have an MRI on Friday to determine the extent of the injury. The 24-year-old right-hander will have plenty of time to heal as the Tigers took Game 5 of the ALDS on Thursday, ending the Yankees' season."I felt really tight in the second inning. I don't want to get out of the game, but they took me out, because I said it was hurting bad right now," said Nova, who took the loss after allowing two runs on three hits.The Tigers got to Nova before most fans got a chance to get settled in their seats. Don Kelly and Delmon Young belted back-to-back homers with one out in the first, silencing a stunned crowd at Yankee Stadium."I just made two bad pitches, and they took advantage," Nova said.

Source: ESPN