Your Most Memorable Super Bowl Game

Discussion in 'NFL General Discussion' started by markaz, Feb 3, 2014.

1. markaz

markaz Resident Cards Fan Staff Member

Now that Super Bowl XLVIII is in the books and being dissected from every angle, at the end of the day (unless you're a die-hard Seahawks fan) the game really didn't come close to living up to the pre-game anticipation. While I have a tendency to agree with @ollysj and his opinion
    others may disagree.

What Super Bowl game is the most memorable for you? Homerism is OK, but excellent play by both teams and game drama are the primary ingredients for this one.

ollysj likes this.
  2. DaBearsrule4ever

DaBearsrule4ever Hall Of Famer

For me, it's Super Bowl 34. The Titans are down 16-0, than come back to tie the game. Than with the Rams up 23-16, Kevin Dyson gets tackled at the Rams 1 yard line to end the game.

markaz likes this.
  3. DawkinsINT

DawkinsINT Tebow free since 9/5/2015.

Besides the Eagles games, the Giants-Bills Super Bowl. That was a classic.

markaz likes this.
  4. Buck Fenson

Buck Fenson formerly Jake from State Farm

The Giants/Bills comes to mind but I would have to do the homerism thing and say the Saints Super Bowl comes in a close first. Most of them have been blowouts so the best either had to be a close one (not many to chose from) or your favorite team's win.

5. markaz

Well my favorite team lost in '08 and one of the best Super Bowls I can remember. Freakin' Steelers.
    [​IMG]

86WARD likes this.
  6. ollysj

ollysj iKraut

Most memorable.... Probably SB XXXI when we beat the Pats

Basicly I like all games, which has been entertaining, thrilling, competetitiv and surprising. This game wasn't any of it. Well maybe surprising in some kind

DaBears22 likes this.
  7. 86WARD

86WARD -

This one is up there.

All the Steelers ones are my favorites...except for the loss to the Cowboys and Packers. Although that Super Bowl XXX...I still think the steelers could've won that game...I will
    Watch those highlights if on...I won't watch Mendenhall fumble against the Packers...asshole.

The Giants over patriots is pretty memorable

8. ollysj

ollysj iKraut

Well, I like this one :D

9. ragman

ragman Pro Bowler Fantasy Guru

SB 27 in Pasadena when the Cowboys blew out the Bills, 52-17.

10. LebaneseFF

LebaneseFF Error loading Staff Member Premium Member Fantasy Guru

I have only watched 7 super bowls and my top 3 are.

Super Bowl XLIII yeah Cards played well, but Steelers were just amazing
    Super Bowl XLII Well my first SB so I didn't know much, but the Tyree catch was the Super Bowl for me
    Super Bowl XLVII (I was rooting for 49ers, but I also wanted Ray Lewis to go out a winner, it was a great SB)

11. Aussie61

Aussie61 Nutcase

Superbowl XXIII. It was the first SB ever shown live into Australia.I decided to cheer for the Bengals because their uniforms looked cool and they had a guy named Boomer (in Australia a "boomer" is a male Kangaroo) Every thing was looking sweet until,with about 30 seconds left... "Montana to Taylor......Touchdown!!!"

DawkinsINT and markaz like this.
  12. markaz

The Cowboys should have been arrested for rape in that game. That was more like the "Scrimmage Bowl".

13. Tarkus

Tarkus The Thread Stalker

The most memorable with the most memorable players/coaches was Super Bowl XX.

Nothing like it till then & now as far as I'm concerned. The only time you'd see a HC & a DC carried off the field.

As far as the most entertaining on both sides of the ball was Super Bowl XIII. Dramatic plays, bad breaks/bounces, HoFers galore; players/coaches, & one that was decided ultimately by the clock.

http://www.nydailynews.com/sports/football/super-bowl-xiii-sickest-man-america-article-1.1561166

Last edited: Feb 5, 2014
  14. markaz

I'll go ahead and say it and open myself up to some lively GIF criticism. IMO, the '85-'86 Bears were the greatest team in NFL history. Green Bay, Pittsburgh and possibly Dallas can make that argument with some of their teams, but I just don't see any of those teams beating that Bears team on the Super Bowl stage. I remember watching that game and while it may not be the most memorable for me, it certainly showcased how good that team was.

DawkinsINT and Tarkus like this.
  15. Tarkus

Tarkus The Thread Stalker

You are now officially in my Will...

16. Buck Fenson

Buck Fenson formerly Jake from State Farm

good fundage? How much will I save if I switch?

Tarkus likes this.
  17. LebaneseFF

LebaneseFF Error loading Staff Member Premium Member Fantasy Guru

Bears are the best team EVER Full stop.!

Now can you please die and leave me your American passport! or Green Card. That's all I want you can keep your filthy money

Tarkus likes this.
  18. Walnuts

Walnuts All-Pro

The John Candy game.

19. smeags

smeags militant geek

that bears team would be very close #2 on my list. #1 would be the 89 niners. i think that team could beat anyone, anywhere, any era but man if we could see that match up.

markaz likes this.
  20. markaz

After I posted my message it dawned on me that I forgot to include the 49ers on my short list. I can't argue with you about that '89 Niners team. I think their average margin of victory in the playoffs and the SB that year was like 35 points or something ridiculous.