Zygi Wilf Says He'll Reach Out To Brett Favre "In Due Time"

Discussion in 'Minnesota Vikings' started by BigBlueBruiser, Mar 23, 2010.

1. Vikings coach Brad Childress has said on numerous occasions since the season ended that he isn't going to push Brett Favre to make a decision about whether he will return next season. On Monday, owner Zygi Wilf echoed that sentiment while voicing optimism about the situation. "There were a lot of people who questioned us last year both with the decision of bringing him on board and him coming on so late, but it turned out to be a great decision," Wilf said on the second day of the NFL owners meetings at the Ritz-Carlton. "We're looking forward to having him come back this year. We understand it could work either way, but certainly with the team that we have I would expect that he and everyone else is excited to come back to fight for a championship again." Wilf has had no contact with Favre since the season ended but said he gets regular updates from Childress and other staff members. "I'm going to [reach out to him] in due time," Wilf said. "We just want to let things sit and we'll work on that."

Source: Minneapolis Star-Tribune

Last edited by a moderator: Mar 23, 2010
  2. DaBearsrule4ever

DaBearsrule4ever Hall Of Famer

In due time? As in once training camp is over?

3. Rich7880

Rich7880 HOLD ME!

Brett is being preserved in ice in the offseason so he doesn't age as fast!

4. ollysj

ollysj iKraut

Or as in Favre thinks it's the right time