IDP Rankings 2014 – The Top 20 At Every Position
By Jad Alameddine on August 11, 2014
I promised you my personal rankings well here they are. ALWAYS check your league settings for the scoring. This is based on a standard ESPN IDP league.
Post in the forums for more details.
Dominate Your League: Find Out How - Click Here!
- Lavonte David (TB/7) Read my previous post about the top 5 at each position. Him and Luke are number 1 and equal
- Luke Kuechly (CAR/12) If your league favors big plays select Lavonte if not select Luke Kuechly, there really is no way to know right now who is better
- Paul Posluszny (JAC/11) The Jaguars defense depends on him, it’s a very close 2nd and 3rd between him and Vontaze
- Vontaze Burfict (CIN/4) I love this kid and honestly I see very little different between him and the top 3 on this list. Remember he plays with a chip on his shoulder after going undrafted
- Patrick Willis (SF/8) Don’t draft Patrick Willis too early he is a big name and might have a higher ADP then some others on this list. Be careful.
- James Laurinaitis (STL/4)
- Derrick Johnson (KC/6) Draft with caution, could be moving down this list.
- Paul Worrilow (ATL/9) People ask me who should I target as my LB in the last round of my draft after all the big names are gone, I reply Paul Worrilow! This kid came from nowhere, and is now Atlanta’s signal-caller on defense! People will draft Patrick Willis and Derrick Johnson 4 or 5 rounds before the end of the draft but Paul Worrilow will be there on most IDP league’s boards in the last round!
- Karlos Dansby (CLE/4) He had an amazing year last year back in Arizona. But I fear his role might be a little different in Cleveland, he was brought over to be a leader on defense, very similar to what Miami did with him a few years back and he lost his value on the IDP boards. Draft with caution.
- Bobby Wagner (SEA/4)
- Mychal Kendricks (PHI/7) I like this kid, I am very high on this kid, this guy will move up this list very fast
- Jerod Mayo (NE/10) Watch out for Jerod Mayo, IF and that is a big IF he can stay healthy he will do some damage in your league
- Chad Greenway (MIN/10)
- Alec Ogletree (STL/4)
- Perry Riley (WAS/10) Boom or Bust, I am a Washington Redskins fan and I will be the first to tell you he is no London Fletcher, but can he get some decent stats in London’s place? This I don’t know, draft him with caution.
- Danny Trevathan (DEN/4)
- Lawrence Timmons (PIT/12) Timmons could be moving down this list, Pit changed his position to allow their rookie Shazier to get more tackles. Draft with caution
- Brian Cushing (HOU/10) it seems like every year he makes it onto someone’s IDP rankings and every year he exists with an injury.
- C.J. Mosley (BAL/11) He is seeing 1st team reps during the camp, if he starts, he could be huge this year
- Wesley Woodyard (TEN/9)
- J.J. Watt (HOU/10) Read my top 5 IDP from a few weeks ago, nothing has changed
- Robert Quinn (STL/4)
- Chandler Jones (NE/10) He moved up into this spot thanks to Greg Hardy’s domestic issues, those scare me more then injuries.
- Greg Hardy (CAR/12)
- Muhammad Wilkerson (NYJ/11) He moved up my list, he wants a new contract and I think he will be one of the best DE’s this year.
- Demarcus Ware (DEN/4) Ware will lineup opposite Von Miller, which I think will open up some sacks for Ware. He maybe rated a little too high on this list
- Jason Pierre-Paul (NYG/8)
- Ezekiel Ansah (DET/9) Led all rookies last year, look for him to have a breakout year! FYI, I drafted him in both my IDP leagues as my DE1, I feel very highly about this kid
- Calais Campbell (ARZ/4) Safe pick, you will never go wrong if you pick Campbell
- Rob Ninkovich (NE/10)
- Cameron Wake (MIA/5)
- Cameron Jordan NOS/6)
- Lamarr Houston (CHI/9) He is replacing Julius Peppers, need I say more? I like this kid coming from Oakland
- Carlos Dunlap (CIN/4) Michael Johnson is now in Tampa and Carlos needs to step up his game
- Mario Williams (BUF/9) Buffalo is changing schemes and this could benefit Mario going back to his Houston glory days
- Charles Johnson (CAR/12)
- Jared Allen (CHI/9)
- Michael Johnson (TB/7)
- Geno Atkins (CIN/4) Consistency is what Geno is about, hopefully the ACL injury heals quickly. I have him as my DT1 in my dynasty league
- Justin Tuck (OAK/5)
- T.J. Ward (DEN/4) Okay so prosecutors dropped charges against Ward. He still has one hurdle to clear, play SS instead of FS. Although he can play both positions, for us fantasy nerds he is better suited at SS where he can rack up those tackles. I still have him ranked 1st.
- Harrison Smith (MIN/10) I love Harrison and He and T.J Ward are equal number ones in my ranking
- Eric Weddle (SD/10) Consistency
- Tyvon Branch(OAK/5) Back from injury
- Johnathan Cyprien (JAC/11) This kid is moving up my board fast, I had him listed as by DB10 a month ago, he is now at 5. If he can get a few big plays, which I think he can he will move up to number 1
- Mark Barron (TB/7)
- Barry Church (DAL/11) Moving down my list slowly. He might repeat last year’s numbers but he will probably reach 80% of them
- Morgan Burnett (GB/9)
- Kenny Vaccaro (NOS/6) Roman Harper is now in Carolina, Kenny is taking over his spot. Could be a steal
- Eric Berry (KC/6)
- Earl Thomas (SEA/4)
- Bernard Pollard (TEN/9) Another consistency guy, will get you the tackles
- Antrel Rolle (NYG/8) was 4th in standard scoring leagues amongst DB’s last year
- William Moore (ATL/9)
- Mike Mitchell (PIT/12) Moving into Ryan Clark’s role, keep an eye out on Mitchell he was a prized free agent
- Reshad Jones (MIA/5) Suspended first 4 games be ware
- Tyrann Mathieu (ARZ/4)
- Calvin Pryor (NYJ/11) Give the kid time to warmup
- Deone Bucannon (ARZ/4) He will start and he will have a huge impact for Arizona! He is my DB2 in my league
- Charles Tillman (CHI/9)