Week 4 IDP Waiver Wire
Week 3 saw some big plays by several big IDP household names including Panthers DL Greg Hardy, who just manhandled Eli Manning. Chiefs DB Eric Berry played up to his potential for the first time. Cardinals DB Tyrann Mathieu keeps impressing and is probably starting to make a case for Defensive Rookie of the Year. How about Chiefs LB Justin Houston who scored more than any of my offensive players?
Stop Losing Start Winning!
However, IDP like offensive football, needs a list of sleepers for each week. Here are the guys heading into Week 4 that you should know of! Jad @LebaneseFF
1. Curtis Lofton – Saints: Is he back? I am not sure, but I am sure he is responding to Rob Ryan’s new system in New Orleans. Curtis has always had great IDP appeal. This week I would recommend you stock him away as an LB2 with very high upside.
2. Ahmad Brooks – 49ers: The unknown 49ers LB. Ahmad does exist and he does post reliable LB numbers. He will creep towards 8-10 tackles a week. Another LB2 with huge upside.
3. Jarvis Jones – Steelers: He is going to be a starter in Pittsburgh sooner rather than later. He played in 40 of 63 snaps vs. Chicago, meaning his playing time is rising fast. This is a guy to watch out for in coming weeks.
1. Jason Hunter – Raiders: He was on this list last week and remains on it as he is only owned in about 7% of ESPN leagues. He is a DL1, so please pick him up. I did and I was very happy with my 4 tackles and 1 fumble recovery.
2. Linval Joseph – Giants: He seems to be the only New York Giant playing defense. He’s on the field most of the plays. And being in a contract year, I expect him to continue this upward trend into the DL1 group
3. Tommy Kelly – Patriots: I have tried for 3 weeks now to ignore him. However, when a DL is putting 5+ points (standard leagues), he becomes a starter in most leagues. Keep an eye on him if he puts up 5+ again.
4. Osi Umenyiora – Falcons: He should not be available in your leagues, but is still owned in a little over 50% of ESPN leagues. In case he is available, pick him up he is rejuvenated in Atlanta!
1. Brandon Meriweather – Redskins: I normally don’t go near Mr. Injury. He seems to be injured more often than not. However, despite his Week 2 concussion, he seems to be healthy and is putting up DB1 numbers. Pick him up, but keep your eye out for the injury reports.
2. Kenny Vaccaro – Saints: He almost made my list last week, but he started in place of injured Roman Harper. If he is going to start he will put up DB1 numbers for the rest of the season
3. James Ihedigbo – Ravens: He beat Matt Elam for the starting strong safety position and could continue to post solid numbers. He faces Buffalo next, so I would pick him up for one matchup if you can.