Week 8 RB Fantasy Football Rankings
Chris Johnson Is Relevant Again
Who would have thought Chris Johnson, the guy who barely eeked out a 1.4 yards-per-carry average to start the season would be back on the fantasy football scene? And in a huge way. Not counting the Week Five game against the Vikings, Johnson has rushed for 141 yards (Houston), 91 yards (Pittsburgh) and a whopping 195 yards (Buffalo). The Bills Defense was a leaky pipe against fantasy running backs this year, but racking up close to 200 yards and two scores is still admirable. Johnson will get a top-5 ranking again this week going up against the Colts. There were several owners in our forums who were trying to trade Johnson away when he literally had no value. Luckily, no one bit. Now those same owners are reaping the rewards.
Fantasy Owners Can’t Catch A Break
Maurice Jones-Drew is the latest player to get bit with the injury bug. Along with DeMarco Murray and Cedric Benson, who both went down with injuries in the weeks prior. Steven Jackson is looking more and more like he is being phased out of the running game. The Bills continue to use the tandem of Fred Jackson and C.J. Spiller. Darren McFadden couldn’t do anything against a Jags Defense that is giving up big points to fantasy backs. Where’s Jacquizz Rodgers? Shall I go on? I am sure you are just as pissed as I am this year. I can’t remember another year where injuries and running back tandems have hit the fantasy football scene this hard. And one of the bigger problems is the backups to a lot of these players just aren’t good. Alex Green showed he isn’t the guy in Week Seven. William Powell was a no-show for Arizona, fumbling his way to the doghouse and allowing LaRod Stephens-Howling to come up big against the Vikings. The VIKINGS!!! Can Rashad Jennings save us? Time will tell, but he has a much better chance than, ugh, James Starks.
With all that out of the way and my frustrations subsiding for now, lets take a look at the Week 8 RB Fantasy Football Rankings. Like every week, make sure to check out the rest of our rankings in our RANKINGS SECTION (Including IDP).
Also, make sure to check the rankings again on Friday to see if anyone has been downgraded going into the weekend.
RANK PLAYER TEAM OPPONENT NOTES
1. Adrian Peterson Minnesota vs. Tampa Bay 2. Chris Johnson Tennessee vs. Indianapolis One more superb matchup? Looked like the CJ of old last week.
3. Matt Forte Chicago vs. Carolina 4. Jamaal Charles Kansas City vs. Oakland 5. Willis McGahee Denver vs. New Orleans Could match the numbers he had earlier against the Raiders.
6. Ryan Mathews San Diego @ Cleveland 7. LeSean McCoy Philadelphia vs. Atlanta 8. Frank Gore San Francisco @ Arizona 9. Darren McFadden Oakland @ Kansas City If McFadden can't get anything going against the Chiefs, his owners are in huge trouble.
10. Alfred Morris Washington @ Pittsburgh 11. Marshawn Lynch Seattle @ Detroit 12. Ahmad Bradshaw New York Giants @ Dallas Didn't look the least bit unhealthy against the Redskins. That sumbitch was fired up!!!!
13. Stevan Ridley New England @ St. Louis 14. Michael Turner Atlanta @ Philadelphia 15. Trent Richardson Cleveland vs. San Diego The Browns are reportedly pondering keeping T-Rich out until after their Week 10 bye. Have Monterio Hardesty handy.
16. Doug Martin Tampa Bay @ Minnesota 17. Darren Sproles New Orleans @ Denver Value drops in non-PPR leagues. Not sure why the Saints don't run him more. The guy is a little bowling ball.
18. Rashad Jennings Jacksonville @ Green Bay Will get a ton of work this week, which isn't what you can say about most of the running backs on this list.
19. Reggie Bush Miami @ New York Jets Had a week to heal. Could put the Jets D back in their place. Value goes down in non PPR leagues.
20. Vick Ballard Indianapolis @ Tennessee With Donald Brown upgrade to full participation, Ballard's Week 8 value will plummet.
21. Steven Jackson St. Louis vs. New England 22. Mikel Leshoure Detroit vs. Seattle 23. Felix Jones Dallas vs. New York Giants Expected to start again this week, but will be playing with a knee bruise.
24. Shonn Greene New York Jets vs. Miami 25. Jonathan Dwyer Pittsburgh vs. Washington 26. Dayrl Richardson St. Louis vs. New England 27. LaRod Stephens-Howling Arizona vs. San Francisco Looked spectacular last week, but is he a one-week wonder?
28. Alex Green Green Bay vs. Jacksonville 29. Jonathan Stewart Carolina @ Chicago 30. Michael Bush Chicago vs. Carolina 31. Danny Woodhead New England @ St. Louis Value varies week-to-week.
32. DeAngelo Williams Carolina @ Chicago 33. Phillip Tanner Dallas vs. New York Giants Will be the backup this week to Jones, but is really a desperate option.
34. Pierre Thomas New Orleans @ Denver 35. Montario Hardesty Cleveland vs. San Diego 36. Andre Brown New York Giants @ Dallas 37. William Powell Arizona vs. San Francisco 38. Donald Brown Indianapolis @ Tennessee Was a full go in practice this week and could play, which would kill much of Ballard's value in a good matchup.
39. Kendall Hunter San Francisco @ Arizona 40. Joique Bell Detroit vs. Seattle