Week 1 of the NFL season kicks off this week and I've got 7 lucky sleepers to help you dominate your fantasy league. With loads of week 1 fantasy injuries sleepers are jumping off the bench everywhere and some of those guys make this list. If you have room on your bench you may consider these sleepers worthy of a roster spot for week 1 and possibly beyond depending on their game play and reasoning for ascension.
Here's The Lucky 7 Sleepers
I've listed these guys in no particular order.
- Carson Palmer, QB versus Saints: My home town Saints are slap full of injuries headed into week and already the worse pass defense in the league last year. People targeted them frequently in DFS games and to stream quarterbacks and WR2's against. Palmer is probably on you waiver wire despite putting up solid numbers last year when he was healthy.
- John Brown, WR versus Saints: Michael Floyd's hand injury makes Brown primed for a breakout game against the injured Saints secondary. No solid free safety or CB2 will allow Brown to score multiple fantasy points.
- Darren McFadden, RB versus Giants: The Dallas Cowboys are one of the biggest favorites this week by 5.5 points. Top that off with the fact the Giants gave up the 23rd most fantasy points to running backs and the arrow is pointing up for whichever RB wins the lions share in this running back by committee. Even if you don't start him he's worth a roster spot to see how this all pans out. Probably only available in 10 team league and shallow bench 12 team leagues.
- Danny Woodhead, RB versus Lions: Melvin is a rookie and probably not going to be trusted is a lot of passing downs. Gates is out and those receptions will go to someone not named Gates. In steps Woodhead, a proven PPR back primed to make some noise in week 1.
- Eddie Royal, WR versus Green Bay: The Bears will be throwing a lot in this one, no doubt. Royal should be seeing a larger than expected workload given injuries to Alshon Jeffery and Kevin White, even though Jeffery will probably play he won't be 100 percent.
- Terrance Williams, WR, versus Giants: Williams snagged eight touchdown last season and I don't see Bryant getting 16 again. You can't start Williams every week but this week will the Boy's will lean on the passing game while they figure out the running back situation in real time.
- Rueben Randle, WR versus Cowboys - I'll make this one simple, if Victor Cruz can’t go Randle will take advantage. Honestly, I'm not sure Cruz will ever be the same after such a bad injury therefore Randle is a decent speculation pickup if nothing else.