Not that you need help, "we" need direction and uniformity as a group. The purpose is to simply provide some consistency around our content presentation so that our readers can have the best experience possible and our authors gain the highest possible readership.
Main Top-Level Considerations:
- Your article should bridge facts and opinion. Links to trusted news sources when applicable and back up your opinions with data / stats when applicable.
- You may have links in your articles to helpful resources but if you do not, please make sure to have link to related articles, tools, services and other resources at the very end. 2-4 would be fantastic.
- Don’t be afraid to express your opinion: the more thought-provoking your article, the better. But please back up your opinion with a solid argument.
- Please avoid exaggerations or hyperbole, like “absolutely awesome!” “the coolest feature I’ve ever seen!” “fantastic!” etc.
- Sub Headlines (like the one above) break up content and make it easier to absorb.
- Headings within the article should be marked up like so: <h3>Heading</h3> for headings, and <h4>Sub-Heading</h4> for sub-headings.
- The title should be appealing, yet short and descriptive.
- In titles and <h3> headings, the first letter of every word should be capitalized. In <h4> headings, only the main words are capitalized.
- Highlight keywords with <strong> tags (at most two phrase per paragraph). But use <em> tags (italics) for tonal emphasis. Use sparingly if you can.
- Images are important: They must be high quality, attractive and relevant.
- Make sure to always have a Featured Image (250×250 pixels minim)
Always use the teams full name as a tag. Super hot topics can be given the tag "news". And if you did an exceptional job with your article you can email me to have it featured on the homepage slider and more.