Is your team full of guys like Prince Fielder and Lance Berkman? Do you lose the stolen bases category every week? Do you have an open spot on your roster or a player you’d like to drop?
If you answered yes, this article is for you. Here are five guys who are owned in 55% or less of all Yahoo! Fantasy Baseball leagues who will help you get a few stolen bases a week.
- Coco Crisp, OF, Oakland A’s (50% owned) – Crisp has 20 stolen bases so far this year. Most importantly, he plays everyday. He also scores a decent amount of runs (32 so far) for an Oakland offense that doesn’t score a lot. His .259 batting average won’t hurt your team too much either.
- Rajai Davis, OF, Toronto Blue Jays (53%) – Davis has 18 steals on the year for the Blue Jays. He too plays almost everyday. He has virtually no power, with only one home run, but if you are chasing steals, Davis is a valuable player.
- Jason Bourgeois, OF, Houston Astros (11%) – Bourgeois doesn’t start very often, but he still manages to steal a ton of bases as a pinch runner. He’s swiped 16 bags this year, despite only having 69 at-bats. When he does get to hit though, he does it pretty well. He has a .377 average so far this season.
- Carlos Gomez, OF, Milwaukee Brewers (4%) – Gomez has a horrible batting average (.220), but he’s fast and he hits for more power than the other guys on this list (four home runs so far). He’s also swiped 15 bases this season, making him a decent play in 12-team leagues.
- Jason Bartlett, SS, San Diego Padres (11%) – Bartlett is the Padres’ everyday shortstop. He has fewer stolen bases than the guys on this list with only 12, but hits for a decent average (.259). He’s a good option if you need steals and you don’t have room to add a speedster to your outfield.