We’re getting down to end of the fantasy baseball season, and the playoff push is on.
At times like these, one hot hitter can carry your team to a victory.
Well, here are five hot hitters, owned in 50% or less of Yahoo! Fantasy Baseball leagues, who can help your team inch closer to your fantasy league’s championship.
- Desmond Jennings, OF, Tampa Bay Rays (50% owned) – Jennings is getting his second shot in the big leagues, and he’s making the most of it so far. He’s hitting .333 with two homers, nine RBI and five steals in the past two weeks. The good thing about Jennings is that he should stay hot for the rest of the season, and even the rest of his career. He’s a very talented player, and he’s showing it right now. If you are in one of the 50% of leagues in which Jennings is a free agent, please add him.
- Josh Willingham, OF, Oakland A’s (21%) – Willingham has been on fire for the A’s the past two weeks. He’s hit four home runs, driven in 14 runs, scored 10 runs and has a .292 average. The A’s don’t normally hit very well, so get this guy and enjoy his power surge while you still can.
- David Freese, 3B, St. Louis Cardinals (44%) – When Freese is healthy (which isn’t very often), he’s a very good fantasy player. The past 14 days, Freese has hit four home runs and has 11 RBI while hitting .364. If he’s healthy the rest of the season, he’s worth a spot on your roster.
- Jesus Guzman, 1B, San Diego Padres (9%) – Guzman has made Petco Park look like Coors Field this year. He has four home runs there in limited time this season, including two in the last two weeks. He’s also driven in 11 runs and is hitting .350. Just imagine what he’ll be able to do away from Petco.
- Dexter Fowler, OF, Colorado Rockies (23%) – Fowler has been on a tear lately, hitting .353 with a 1.010 OPS the past two weeks. He’s scored 12 runs and has three stolen bases. With Fowler getting on base so much, you’d expect him to have more than three steals, but enjoy his hot hitting while you can. The steals will come.