Why is it called "expert" mock draft? Are we so skilled that we can be called experts? Peyton Manning is an "expert" quarterback, Steven Jackson is an expert running back. They are experts because they've been doing what they do professionally for a long time at a very high level. Well, the people that attended this fantasy football mock draft are experts in that same sense. They've been playing fantasy football at a high level for many years. They study the game, the players and coaches relentlessly throughout the year. This is why it's called an expert mock draft. Draft date was prior to the injury of Pitta, Harvin and Crabtree - so it was a couple weeks ago.
Click on me to see all of the draft picks rounds 1 through 5.
Highlighted Picks (steals)
- Rueben Randle, NYG - Drafted in round 15.11 - Playing behind an injury prone Hakeem Nicks, Randle could be thrust into a full time starter role at any point. He'll be on the field in three receiver sets and will also handle punt returns.
- Ryan Broyles, Det - Drafted in round 10.12 - He's a target machine and will start opposite of Megatron - strong PPR sleeper appeal.
[colored_box color="yellow"]Make All Solid Picks - Bang This[/colored_box]
- Sidney Rice, Sea - Drafted in round 11.10 - Why? I don't know why they drafted him, probably an auto pick while they were in the bathroom.. avoid Rice at all cost. His knee is balky and he's never been consistent.
- Ben Tate, Hou - Drafted in round 8.11 - Is Fosters backup really worth a 8th round pick? NO. Plenty of high upside starters remained on the board.
- Jason Witten, Dallas - Drafted as the third TE off the board in round 5.6. If this was a PPR league I might give this pick some slack, but Witten has been on a downward spiral production wise (see video below) and should be drafted accordingly.
Overall, I think I drafted a solid fantasy team in this mock. Keep in mind this was a mock draft and while we did take it pretty darn serious, it's nothing like a real money draft. Here's my round by round breakdown all the way to round 8.
- 1.9 C.J. Spiller, Buf - was a steal! Spiller will finish top 5 in all formats and has top 3 upside.
- 2.4 Stevan Ridley, NE - all this Shane Vereen hype has be a bit nervous but I wanted a solid goal line back and I feel Ridley brings 10 touchdowns and 1000 yards to the table, minimum.
- 3.9 Vincent Jackson, TB - Better pass protection will makes for an even strong season for VJAX.
- 4.4 Peyton Manning, Den - Very happy with this pick as Manning get a really easy schedule plus he has more weapons at WR and RB.
- 5.9 James Jones, GB - WTF how did I get this TD monster this late? Nice, very nice.
- 6.4 Vernon Davis, SF - Year after year we hear rave reviews out of his camp, and it never pans out. This year maybe?
- 7.9 Miles Austin, Dal - Finally healthy and has a easy ass schedule.
- 8.4 Mike Williams, TB - STEAL STEAL STEAL - just signed a fat contract and look at this TD total in 2010, and 2012 - I have high hopes for this strong WR3.
Place to perform your own Mock Drafts
- If you can mock on the same website where your league host their draft - then you should mock draft there.