We’re working our way past the quarter-way point of the Fantasy Football regular season, but what does that have to do with Daily Fantasy Football players? As I share my FanDuel Week 4 value picks for quarterbacks, running backs, wide receivers, tight ends, kickers and team defenses, I’ll explain! With three weeks in the books, we’ve learned several things, including the fact that even Las Vegas is having a tough time pegging the NFL in the early part of the season. Last, there were ZERO games expected to total over 50 points on the over/under, yet there were EIGHT different games whose teams combined for over 50 points!
As a matter of fact, FOUR games scored more than 65 points! For Daily Fantasy Football players, it was a smorgasbord of scoring activity!
That can be both good and bad at the same time. It’s good because all of that uncertainty likely allowed some less experienced players to blow past some of the sharks out there that depend on reliability and expected variance.
It’s bad, though, because if you played in a lot of cash games, you could have been bounced out of the money by a few teams with lineups that shouldn’t have scored what they did.
Once again, we’re here to share some of our favorite value picks and that means finding good players at good prices. We’re going to take a look at some solid value picks, using the Fantasy Knuckleheads FanDuel Optimal Lineup Tool and help you set up a winner! After posting our Week 4 Fantasy Football Rankings, and going through the FanDuel salaries, I came up with a couple of my favorite value plays at each position for the upcoming weekend of NFL action! Each week, my goal is to find a decent high-priced player that will give you a good return on investment, and a cheaper value play that will allow you to spend more money at other positions.
You may also want to read our recommended Fanduel Stacks for week 4.
Quarterback (QB) Value Picks
- Andy Dalton, Cincinnati ($7,600) vs. Kansas City: I love this price for a red-hot red-haired quarterback going up against a defense giving up a league-high 30.67 Fantasy points to quarterbacks. I’m stacking him with A.J. Green in FanDuel leagues and probably Marvin Jones in some tournaments this weekend.
- Derek Carr, Oakland ($7,000) at Chicago: The Bears are finding it tough to keep quarterbacks and wide receivers out of the end zone, and Derek Carr is really picking up steam in his second season. FanDuel has Carr priced as the 17th quarterback, and we like it!
Running Back (RB) Value Picks
- Frank Gore, Indianapolis ($7,300) vs. Jacksonville: The lineup optimizer loves Gore this weekend against one of the worst defenses in the league – and I can’t disagree! You’re getting him at a price that was set before he scored two rushing touchdowns against the Titans in Week 3. Bargain!
- Karlos Williams, Buffalo ($6,300) vs. N.Y. Giants: Watch the Sunday morning Fantasy news, because if LeSean McCoy rests his hamstring like I expect, Williams will be in line for a big game against the Giants. He has already scored a touchdown in each game this season – and that streak will continue in Week 4.
Wide Receiver (WR) Value Picks
- Randall Cobb, Green Bay ($8,200) at San Francisco: The 49ers are already off to a rough start, and they’re allowing an NFL-high 17.50 yards per catch to wide receivers this season. With Davante Adams possibly sidelined, Aaron Rodgers might have to show more attention to his superstar wideout.
- Marvin Jones, Cincinnati ($5,500) vs. Kansas City: As I mentioned before, the Chiefs are the worst against the pass (granted, they’ve faced the Broncos and Packers in their past two games. Jones has already scored in back-to-back games, and he makes for a great middle-of-the-road stack with Dalton.
Tight End (TE) Value Picks
- Jimmy Graham, Seattle ($6,300) vs. Detroit: With Rob Gronkowski out on a bye week, Graham has a stellar matchup against a Lions defense that is allowing a touchdown catch per game to tight ends.
- Martellus Bennett, Chicago ($5,600) vs. Oakland: With Alshon Jeffery still dealing with hamstring issues, Bennett is a solid cheaper stud, going up against a Raiders defense that just gave up 100 yards to Gary Barnidge.
Kicker (K) Value Picks
- Adam Vinatieri, Indianapolis ($4,900) vs. Jacksonville: The Jaguars are allowing over three field-goal attempts per game this season, and while Vinatieri has just one field-goal attempt so far, the optimal lineup tool has him projected for about nine points this week.
- Josh Scobee, Pittsburgh ($4,600) vs. Baltimore: This game is usually a kick-fest, and the absence of Big Ben under center should mean plenty of stalled drives inside the 30-yard line.
Team Defense (DEF) Value Picks
- Arizona Cardinals Defense ($5,000) vs. St. Louis: The Cards defense scored two defensive touchdowns in each of the past two games, and they allowed just nine points to the 49ers in Week 3. Only four teams have scored fewer points than the Rams offense, so this should be a bargain in Week 4.
- Indianapolis Colts Defense ($4,500) vs. Jacksonville: We’ve pimped a few Colts players in this game, and if you do go with Gore, stacking him with the Colts defense is a wise move. They rank as one of the cheapest on the weekend, and they’re coming off a three-sack weekend on the road against Tennessee.