Looking for some favorable matchups to play in Week 4 of your fantasy baseball league? Here are three pitchers and three hitters who should definitely be in your lineup this week.
Pitchers with favorable weeks
1. Clay Buchholz, Boston Red Sox – Buchholz gets two starts this week to try to lower his 5.31 ERA. First, his Red Sox take on the Orioles. Then, he closes the week against the light-hitting Mariners. He’ll return to relevance this week.
2. Bud Norris, Houston Astros – Norris gets a start against the Cardinals this week, a team he absolutely owns. He’s just about guaranteed to pick up a quality start against the Redbirds. Then, he closes the week against the Brewers.
3. Matt Cain, San Francisco Giants – Cain has what should be a pretty easy two-start week this week. He’s scheduled to pitch against the Pirates on Tuesday and the Nationals on Sunday. He should take care of business and pick up a couple wins.
Hitters with favorable weeks
1. Aubrey Huff, San Francisco Giants – Huff has three games against the Pirates and three against the Nationals this week. That lends itself to a lot of favorable hitting matchups. Look for him to take advantage of them.
2. Ty Wigginton, Colorado Rockies – The Rockies have three games at home following three games at Wrigley Field. So, it should be a good week for all the Rockies hitters. Wigginton has been struggling so far this year, but this should be the week he gets back on track.
3. Jose Bautista, Toronto Blue Jays – Bautista already has seven home runs this season. This week, he could double that total. The Blue Jays have four games at Texas and three games against the Yankees in New York. Both ballparks are extremely hitter-friendly.