Getting your fantasy baseball team to start accumulating home runs and RBI can be difficult, especially with all the star players like David Wright and Joe Mauer on the DL.
But, there are always some options on the waiver wire if you are truly desperate for power. Here are five guys who can give your team a power boost and are owned in less than 50% of Yahoo! Fantasy Baseball leagues.
- Josh Willingham, OF, Oakland A’s (24% owned) – Willingham is only hitting .240, but he has 10 home runs and 37 RBI for a weak A’s offense. If you can withstand a low average on your team, he’s worth a look.
- Mark Trumbo, 1B, Los Angeles Angels (28%) – Trumbo is hitting for a higher average than Willingham (.255) with the same number of home runs. But, he’s getting fewer RBI opportunities and only has 28 runs batted in this season. But, he brings a little bit of speed into the mix as well, with five stolen bases currently.
- Danny Espinosa, 2B, Washington Nationals (27%) – Espinosa’s .214 average is going to hurt your team, but his power numbers should make up for it. He’s hit 10 home runs with 33 RBI so far this season.
- Laynce Nix, OF, Washington Nationals (11%) – Nix has the highest average on this list at .303. He’s also added nine home runs and 23 RBI. Whenever he plays, he gives the Nationals a much-needed boost to their offense and can do the same thing for your fantasy team.
- Ryan Ludwick, OF, San Diego Padres (38%) – Ludwick, who plays in the cavernous Petco Park, will probably provide most of his power when the Padres are on the road. But, he’s hitting .252 with eight home runs and 35 RBI this season. So, if one of your star players goes down with an injury, Ludwick would be a good stopgap in your lineup.