If your fantasy football team is 1 and 4 or 2 and 3 I’m sure you feel like your season is already over. Trust me it’s not. You have time to make adjustments and improve your team as well as improve your strategy.
Our very own Ray Tannock says:
I think one of the often over looked aspects of any bad season is the way you “coach” your team. Sure having big name players are a huge help, but starting the RIGHT players is even more of a help—if your still starting L.T. over Ray Rice just because he is L.T. then you are the bearer of your own misfortune.
But there are some things one can do to get back into the game.
- First take a hard look at your competition and make sure your guys matchup evenly with them, don’t just use the projected matchup rating as they are often inaccurate.
- Second, make sure you are starting the RIGHT guys based on their individual matchups NOT their names. You wouldn’t start your lead running back against the number one rushing defense if your bench runner is going up against the worst rushing defense in the league would you?
- Third, make sure you are completely up to date with your players status, there is nothing that kills a Fantasy team more than that last minute roster change you may not be aware of.
Remember, Be Informed, Be Accurate, and Be Aware, the keys to success!
We had a round table discussion here on how to right your ship, more great advice.
Everything Ray and the "round table" talks about can require some time consuming research and analysis. I have created the “Dominator Service” which is my personal formula I’ve used to win for over 6 years. If you’re in a highly competitive league I highly recommend our fantasy football service. The best value, in my opinion, is I send you wavier wire updates while games are in progress. Every wavier wire update I have sent out during the games (to your email or text) ends up being talked about on every fantasy site on Tuesday, but who can afford to wait until Tuesday?
If you can afford to wait until Tuesday or Wednesday to get a list of all the “hot” wavier wires pick-ups well then you need to bookmark these sites – FFLibrarian, she puts together a really organized relevant link dump. Thehazean is also a great source of information and if you like videos you need to check out Hatty-Wavier-Wire-Guru. Here at Top Fantasy Football you'll get wavier wire information throughout the week too. Our guys write like crazy so you might want to subscribe to our email digest, it's sent out around 11 am every day and is a snippet of our recent articles. Oh and we also provide free fantasy football start sit advice.
Here is our weekly article schedule, usually. You'll also see bonus articles pop-up throughout the week.
- Mike Sholty - Fantasy Football Risers and Fallers, Week X (tells you who you can drop and pick up off the wavier wire)
- Rustyn Rose - Ranking the Start/Sit Week X, TE
- Rustyn Rose - Ranking the Start/Sit Week X, RB
- Chris Todish - Fantasy Football Start/Sit Week X, IDP
- Ray Tannock - Ranking the Start/Sit Week X, WR
- Rustyn Rose - Ranking the Start/Sit Team Defense and Game predictions
- Rustyn Rose - Week X, Match-ups to Avoid and Exploit
- Tab Bamford - Wavier Wire Help, Filling in the Gaps (Wavier wire support dealing wit bye weeks)
- Mike Sholty - Ranking the Start/Sit Week X, QB
- Alex Olsen - NFC Fantasy Break Down, Week X
- Tab Bamford - AFC Fantasy Break Down, Week X
- Kyle Richardson - Week X, Your Starters Are Hurt, Now What
At Top Fantasy, we pride ourselves on offering options such as customized columns dealing with specific topics that every manager is interested in, Waiver Wire advice on the hottest players in the NFL and of course, our unprecedented Free Start Sit Advice column that pretty much separates us from the rest.
But even with all of these available options here at the site, no team or manager is complete without up to the minute customized updates that even the big boys can’t compete with.
Having the type of update service we offer here at Top Fantasy not only gives you a huge edge over your competition, (which is always a plus) but it is a tool you can use in combination with everything else we offer here at here at the site.
Last week Mike Sims-Walker was suddenly listed as inactive about 45 minutes before the game. The Dominator service alerted everyone with 3 minutes of the new break and we all were able to make roster adjustments accordingly.
There are a lot of sites that offer similar services, but problem is they don’t offer anywhere near the “in season” services we do and charge 19.99 up to 49.99… WTF?
Our service goes beyond just player updates. We also include game day weather updates, INSTANT Waiver updates, injury updates, weekly projected player stats and more, for a fraction of the cost the other guys charge. Read more about our fantasy football service here.
From everyone here at Top Fantasy Football we Thank You for your continued support.