Your Thoughts On Matt Cassel (So Far)

Discussion in 'Kansas City Chiefs' started by warcrychief, Oct 14, 2009.

1. warcrychief

warcrychief Ur just da assistant Pimp

Im just wondering on what your guys thoughts are on Matt.

Ive felt that he hasnt hurt our team at all. on the last drive (before OT) against the Cowboys, i felt he made some bad throws. But he over came those with some very good 1's to help us get in2 OT. your guys thoughts.

now that he has had a couple of games under his belt.

2. pctrips

pctrips Pro Bowler

I think it's hard to judge him because he hasn't had much time to throw. Imagine expecting to be hit every time you snap the ball when you called a passing play. Has to be hard for him to focus when he's expecting to be hit. Overall I'd say his play has been solid. He doesn't seem to be the type of QB that's going to win a bunch of games largely on his own. He also doesn't seem to be the kind that's going to lose us many games either. Looks to be a solid, middle of the pack, NFL starter. The only knocks on him I've seen is he tends to hold the ball too long at times, and he obviously isn't very good taking snaps under center since he doesn't do it much.

3. chiefswin19games

chiefswin19games Don't be defeated.

The first thing that comes to my mind is the last TD throw to Bowe. It gives Chiefs fans something to look forward to.

4. Inclulbus

Inclulbus WE ARE! .. Marshall!

get him an Oline, I think he will do you all just fine, if you don't mind my chiming in.

1 person likes this.
  5. warcrychief

For the most part, ive seen him put the ball on the numbers. and his arm is good. Wade hasnt found it hard to catch his balls. so im just hoping the HC doesnt ruin him.

6. SoDev

SoDev Don't tase me, bro!

And a rushing game to help out.

I think you guys are ranked in the mid 20's.

7. Inclulbus

Inclulbus WE ARE! .. Marshall!

i like their rushing attack, i just feel thats in the same boat as the oline.. They got Johnson to be himself, and then Jamaal Charles' speed makes for a nice 1-2 punch, just neither can do what they're there for due to having nothing upfront at all.

8. warcrychief

yeah I sick of seeing LJ just making 2-3 yard runs myself. I was hoping Pioli would make a trade for some O-linemen. but im doom 2 suffer, 2 watch more games without a running game.

Cassel has made a believer out of me.

9. mj1987us26

mj1987us26 Super

My feelings of Cassel has yet to change.

10. SoDev

SoDev Don't tase me, bro!

Wat? The point wasn't why... it was the fact that he does not have a running game, or pass protection, so we can't fully judge him in KC yet.

11. Roy31

Roy31 Hall Of Famer

Johnson looks like he's done... He can't outrun defenders, hasn't been able to shed tackles, and looks sluggish to me. That 400+ rushing attempt season seems to have done some wear and tear. I think he's averaging like 2.4 yards a carry right now.

12. hermhater

hermhater Guest

I agree that he holds onto the ball too long.

I don't think Charles is all that fast to be honest.

LJ is only good at running through a LB tackle for a few extra yards, or running over the secondary.

13. SweetShot03

SweetShot03 Fuck stupid people

I think for what hes got to work with, he is doing a good job. like someone said if they gave him some good pass protection he could do some real good for the Chiefs.

14. chiefswin19games

Oh he's fast. Fast running in a straight line.

15. Roy31

Roy31 Hall Of Famer

Charles has a 5.1 average per carry, he should be someone you want to get the ball, and not an afterthought in my opinion. He's been pretty good in the receiving game, or am I wrong? His speed is good, and his straightline speed is world clbutt.

As for Cassel... he hasn't been remarkably good or bad. Like a few others have mentioned, he needs an offensive line. Boy, the state of their current O-line is a far cry from the days of rod vermeil, they need a O-line like the one Trent Green had than we can make a fair judgement on Cassel lol.

16. hermhater

hermhater Guest

I've seen him run down from behind before quite a bit.

17. Roy31

Roy31 Hall Of Famer

I've seen Felix Jones run down from behind a few times... It happens...

18. chiefswin19games

Agreed.

...and yes, I think a below average QB would have looked good with that line.

19. pctrips

pctrips Pro Bowler

Charles has skills....I would love to see him more. The problem is he's not so good on the ball security side of things. As far as his ypc, he's getting that on draws on obvious passing downs, things like that. He hasn't had the opportunity to run the ball for an entire series. I'd like to see Kolby Smith come off the PUP and get some carries.

20. warcrychief

idk i think Cassel has done well with what he has. He has been hit a hell of alot. yet he has kept on trucking with good throws down the field. what, he was leveled like 20 times last game? and still kept us in the game. as for the play calling that can get redone.