A "Slow #2 WR With Deteriorating Knees"

Discussion in 'Pittsburgh Steelers' started by 86WARD, Oct 20, 2009.

1. 86WARD

86WARD -

So say the critics...however...

Ben Roethlisberger and Hines Ward lead the NFL in passing and receiving. Ward's 599 yards receiving are 27 more than Houston's Andre Johnson, and that's not little-ball Ward has been playing. At 33 years old, he has a healthy 14.6 yards per catch.

On the Steelers: Offense no longer plays second fiddle

2. Matt314hew

Matt314hew Mr. Impossible

So did they miss his TD this past week? or the way he gets downfield to block?

The reporters don't know much. Ward has been amazing this year, minus the few dropped balls. To see that the Steelers are #1 in passing is very strange and seeing Ward averaging more than Fitz is really great to see.

3. 86WARD

86WARD -

I'm really surprised that he is doing so well. Still a lot of season left, but he's well on his way to another 1000 yard season. I thought this would be the year Holmes blew right past him for the "#1 spot..."

I think the other thing is that the critics have been saying he's been "washed up" for a couple years now...yet he continues to produce with "bad knees," no speed, bad hands...

4. Matt314hew

Matt314hew Mr. Impossible

Let them just keep saying he is washed up. Marvin Harrison is washed up, seeing as no team wants him.

I too thought Holmes was going to be the go to guy this year, but the MVP has been covered and the other teams forgot that Ward is out there.

5. CaptainStubing

CaptainStubing Gave her a Dirty Sanchez

yep, that's what they said about cris carter and jerry rice late in their careers too but they still managed some pretty good numbers ....................

6. cris80

cris80 comic relief

I'm still the man! :icon_cheesygrin:

7. Dougerrrr

Dougerrrr Laus Deo

shhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh this was supposed to be a secret.

8. ball in the baskett

ball in the baskett First Team All Pro

Teams are so worried about holmes that it gets ward open more.

9. Dougerrrr

Dougerrrr Laus Deo

really? So why does that not translate to Boldin in Arizona and whoever plays in Houston or the Eagles number two reciever?

10. ball in the baskett

Its not the only reason hes doing so well but it definitly does help when teams are double covering santonio. Also it did translate for the eagles #2 receiver when they double covered desean. Thats what the bucs did and maclin had 140 yards and 2 tds.

11. Dougerrrr

Dougerrrr Laus Deo

so....they are league leaders or....occasionally have a good game?

12. ball in the baskett

You dont get what im saying im not saying ward isnt good i think hes a very good receiver just saying that santonio getting double coverage makes it easier for ward to get the big plays.

13. Dougerrrr

Dougerrrr Laus Deo

Lol..I got what you said and you proved what the headline ws saying. Nice reciever but not that good. Only because of (insert excuse here)

14. ball in the baskett

no im saying with santonio being double covered it makes him a great receiver if santonio doesent get double covered hes still a good reciver........i give up lol

15. cris80

cris80 comic relief

Are they calling him a slow piece of crap!? :icon_lol:

16. Dougerrrr

Dougerrrr Laus Deo

Kinda looks that way and BITB agrees......only good because Holmes gets double teamed

17. blkngldbabe

blkngldbabe Come Get Some!

LIke Ben has issues throwing into double coverage. He just likes Hines as a target. I'm sure the coverage helps but it's not the only reason.

18. Crowned

Crowned Doesn't give a shit.

Ward continues to get open, amazing.

19. hermhater

hermhater Guest

Such a beast.

20. cris80

cris80 comic relief

I was just teasing. Sorry, I've got little kids so #2 means something totally different to me these days.

"Slow #2 WR."