Phillies Vs. Dodgers - The 2009 NLCS Thread

Discussion in 'Baseball Talk' started by smeags, Oct 13, 2009.

1. ball in the baskett

ball in the baskett First Team All Pro

My area is 50 50 yankees and phillies fans

2. DawkinsINT

DawkinsINT Tebow free since 9/5/2015.

I freaking love this team. Bring on the Yankees!

3. Daddy Primetime42

Daddy Primetime42 TheNationWillRiseAgain

No we wont Dodger fans hate the angels. If anything we are now yankee fans.

**********Automerged Doublepost**********

This is stupid :word42:

4. mike oxlong

mike oxlong The Voice Of Reason

A. I have already seen it. You might one of the exceptions, but most people out here in Orange County could care less about their teams unless they are winning.

B. Wahh Wahhhh Wahhh, at least Joe Torre said the truth, the Phillies were the better team.

5. Daddy Primetime42

Wahh,wahh,wahh, what? I said that before the series started. yeah im crying like the city of philly after the raiders beat them.

6. ball in the baskett

Well a regular season football game and a chance to win a championship arent on the same level imo lol

7. Daddy Primetime42

yet it hurts just as much.

8. ball in the baskett

Yea im lieing to myself it did lol

1 person likes this.
  9. mike oxlong

yeah losing a meaningless regular season game in football compares to a baseball game that you lose that we get to go to the world series and your sorry butt dodgers get sent packing for the second straight year. bwahhhhhhhh

The Eagles tied a crapty Bengal team and still went to the NFC Champ game. This game means nothing, the Eagles always lose a game they should win, it happens every year.

Trying to say that the Eagles loss even remotely compares to watching your dodgers get smoked is hilarious and I would give you a tissue, but only after I wipe my butt with it. LMAO!!!!!!

10. Daddy Primetime42

Damn it hurts doesnt it. This a football forum so dont tell me its meaningless game because you would trade 2 world series trophies for 1 super bowl. So keep cheering your phillies on a football forum because the eagles again will not win a superbowl. but yeah go phillies haha. I guess your content with losing nfc championships. Believe me having my raiders whoop your team is alot more satisfying.

11. ball in the baskett

I know that was directed at mike but ouch that hurts lol

12. mike oxlong

you would rather have the raiders beat the Eagles in a regular season game than have the Dodgers go to the world series. LMAO!!!!

keep dreaming..... you were so excited for the dodgers going into the playoffs and now you don't care. I wonder why, maybe because they got smoked. lol

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b7rEkdqnesw"]YouTube - After the Philadelphia Phillies won the 2009 NLCS fans burned the Dodgers at Cottman and Frankford[/ame]

13. Daddy Primetime42

i never said i wasnt excited about the dodgers going to the playoffs but im not going to cry about it like eagle fan did about this meaningless game. The dodgers will be back next season right now its phillies time. But when isit the eagles time, when? never the window is closed my friend and we just help shut it but enjoy your baseball playoff run from southern california did you go to the parade last year or were you just cheering by yourself in the living room haha.

14. mike oxlong

I was at the parade with 2 million strong. It was AWESOME!!! Posted video and pics.

wah wahhh my dodgers sucked again. I'll try and deflect my pain by switching to a meaningless regular season football game, wahh wahhh. I'll gladly trade a meaningless game against the faiders for a shot at back to back world series.

If you say that you wouldn't trade a raiders win against the Eagles for a Dodgers trip to the world series, then are just as foolish as the words you type. lol

15. Daddy Primetime42

Your misunderstanding me prince valiant, but anyways i see you have not made a comment about the 2 world series for one super bowl. you know you would.

16. mike oxlong

no misunderstanding prince simpleton. Of course I want a superbowl, duh, but if you knew me, I have wanted a world series more since I was a kid. I went to 47 games for the Phillies in 1993 and 6 playoff and world series games. Before the Phillies won the world series, I would have traded 2 superbowl chances for a world series trophy. It is hard to talk about stuff that you know nothing about, but you seem to try really hard at it, but as you can tell from the dodgers, trying hard isn't good enough. lol

17. TJ

TJ Dez Caught It

People still try to argue with Oxlong? I thought we had all agreed to tell him always "you're right" and move on :icon_rolleyes:

18. mike oxlong

TJ finally making some sense. :icon_cheesygrin:

19. Daddy Primetime42

No its not hard, guys like you are a dime a dozen. I see you keep saying chances how about wins. Joe Carter dashed those dreams.didnt you have a bunch of roided out guys for that team and still loss. Mitch williams is the man. Wild Thing! classic. so Iguess youve been cheering for losers for a long time any championship is good I guess.

20. mike oxlong

If the Phillies didn't win the Championship last year, that may have meant something, but even that loss in '93 was more recent than the last time the Dodgers or Raiders won anything. and the Dodgers and Raiders haven't won in decades, so looks like you're the won that's been cheering for the losers and from your words, it seems like you've accepted the losing as a way of life.