The 2009 World Series Thread - Phillies Vs. Yankees

Discussion in 'Baseball Talk' started by 86WARD, Oct 21, 2009.

1. ronbart

ronbart Pro Bowler

2. hermhater

hermhater Guest

I'd rather lose a World Series as a bandwagon fan (which I am) of the Phillies than jump on the Yankees nut sack.

3. Chubz

Chubz 1st Stringer

Well, there's plenty of people on the Yankee bandwagon too. Ask 50% of them who Roberto Kelly or Matt Nokes are and they will tell you how they were fans because their old man saw Mickey Mantle play. Trust me Yankee fans like myself that endured the craptastic late 80's and early 90's despise those fans. Thats why when I go to games, I get bleacher seats.

One thing that really annoyed me though, I heard the Phillies players and Even the manager harp on how Yankee fans weren't that great or loud for the first 2 games.....that crowd in Philly tonight started off great but went to sleep from the 5th inning on.

I heard Hamels comments after the game as well saying he can't wait for the season to be over. There's no way he starts another game this series after that. He was admiring how strong Arod was (talking about Arod's 2 run homer), I was hoping a reporter was going to ask him if he swallows too.

Werth is a beast though. That guy can hit anything. he can cover anywhere over the plate. It's going to be a tough game 4. CC has pitched well this postseason and he's going on 3 days rest , which is no big deal to him. Blanton going for the Phillies, Yanks have the advantage in this game. They know Blanton from pitching with the A's. He's had 4 career starts vs the Yankees with about an 8 ERA.

Once concering point for me right now, is I didnt think Joe needed to bring Mariano in tonight. They still had a three run cushion. mariano isnt exactly 29 years old out there.

Here's to a great game 4 fellas :beer:

4. K Train

K Train Do You Honeycutt?

mariano threw what? 4 pitches? lol....i think he will be ok.

if the yanks win tomorrow.....which i think they will with blanton pitching, they will win the series. i love it so much, not because im a bandwagon fan but because i freaking hate this city....i have alot of close friends that re yankee fans and i support them.

but there are just as many phillies bandwagoners as yankees...both big market teams, both successful....its bound to happen. i just cant stand the phillies, its a burning passion of mine

5. Inclulbus

Inclulbus WE ARE! .. Marshall!

im no where near on the yankees bandwagon, but for the first time ever, wanting them to win the series over Phillies. I don't know anyone who would ever want their Division Rival to win the series.

6. DawkinsINT

DawkinsINT Tebow free since 9/5/2015.

Hamels continues to disappoint. What a difference a year makes. Such a disheartening loss after the early 3 run lead. Hopefully CC isn't as sharp tonight and Blanton steps up.

7. mj1987us26

mj1987us26 Super

This.

8. Roy31

Roy31 Hall Of Famer

Howard has gone for a crap. Can't even make contact... A good deal of the blame can be sent his way if the Phillies lose. I'm not really cheering for either team. Just for Teixeira... If the Phillies win this series I'll be happy for them.

9. TDJets72027

TDJets72027 Rex Ryan baby

Don't understand why the Phils didn't start Lee.

10. MediaGuy

MediaGuy Ball So Hard University

Phillies fans should be pretty drunk by now. Play Ball!

11. MediaGuy

Yankees up 1-0 in the first inning.

12. hermhater

hermhater Guest

Well that's crapty.

13. MediaGuy

1-2 Yankees 1-out man on 2nd for the Phillies 2nd inning.

14. 86WARD

86WARD -

Feliz ties it up...2-2...

15. hermhater

hermhater Guest

Did he even touch the plate?

16. 86WARD

86WARD -

Blanton at the plate with 2 on, 2 outs, 2-2 game...

17. ball in the baskett

ball in the baskett First Team All Pro

nobody saw howard not touch the plate :bolt:

18. 86WARD

86WARD -

No...not even close and he should've went back and touched it to be safe b/c it was questionable...Yankees fault for not tagging him...lol...

19. hermhater

hermhater Guest

Yeah that's what I saw too...

Got lucky on that one...

20. 86WARD

86WARD -

2-2 into the Top of the 5th...