The 2009 World Series Thread - Phillies Vs. Yankees

Discussion in 'Baseball Talk' started by 86WARD, Oct 21, 2009.

1. Chubz

Chubz 1st Stringer

Did rollins pick the phillies or Yankees in 5 games? I'll give the phils tomorrows game even though I think the yanks will keep it close.

2. markaz

markaz Resident Cards Fan Staff Member

Eagles were dogs to the Giants today and most picked the Giants (15 to 7) to win because of the aura. Screw that. Phillies in 7.

3. Chubz

Chubz 1st Stringer

Philly needed to win tonight if they were to win this series. Phillies don't have the bullpen to shut down the Yankees. That's the reason why Philly is not going to win this series.

4. hermhater

hermhater Guest

Where the heck was the 3rd baseman?

WTF?

5. SweetShot03

SweetShot03 Fuck stupid people

did game 3 go yet? who won?

6. hermhater

hermhater Guest

The Royals.

7. SweetShot03

SweetShot03 Fuck stupid people

:icon_confused:

8. TDJets72027

TDJets72027 Rex Ryan baby

YANKEES WIN! Up 3-1 in the series!

1 more win guys!

9. smeags

smeags militant geek

lidge and manuel trying to explain who should've covered 3rd.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wfmvkO5x6Ng&feature=fvw]YouTube - Who's On First?[/ame]

10. Mike S.

Mike S. GIF Hall Of Fame Class Of 2007 Staff Member

Saturday, October 31st N.Y. Yankees 8 Philadelphia 5
    Sunday, November 1st N.Y. Yankees 7 Philadelphia 4
    Monday, November 2nd N.Y. Yankees at Philadelphia 7:57 p.m. FOX

11. K Train

K Train Do You Honeycutt?

while i am thoroughly enjoying today and everything it has to offer.....i dont expect them to close it out tonight because cliff lee is pure beast. however, them winning tonight and giving all the phillies fans just one just glimmer of hope only to be shot down in game 6 makes it so much better imo

12. smeags

smeags militant geek

:laughy18:

13. Platoon 86

Platoon 86 Loony

Hooray. 1 more win. Go Yankees, go. :p

14. K Train

K Train Do You Honeycutt?

if sarcastic posts and smileys is the only way you can unload you all to obvious frustration....its fine, just know that when they lose i will be here to laugh

15. smeags

smeags militant geek

my frustrations keep getting comic relief from you. thanks. i owe you.

anyway - if lee gets us a win tonight i actually like our chances with pedro in game 6 assuming we work on the fundementals in the field. the problem is who do we pitch in game 7 IF, if we get there. certainly it won't be nicole hamels.

16. DaBearsrule4ever

DaBearsrule4ever Hall Of Famer

If the series gets to game 7, why not send Cliff Lee out there on 3 days rest? I know he's never pitched on 3 days rest but with a World Series Title on the line, I say why not.

17. smeags

smeags militant geek

because it would be two days rest.

18. DaBearsrule4ever

DaBearsrule4ever Hall Of Famer

Then your choices would be Hamels or Blanton for game 7. Game 7 probably would be time for Cliff Lee to man up.

19. smeags

smeags militant geek

two days rest could lead to injury and ruin lee for next year. now i could see him coming in to give ani inning of relief but not starting. i can't see hamels in game 7 in new york so i guess blanton.

well, not gonna put too much thought into it. the only thing that matters today is winning game 5.

20. Chubz

Chubz 1st Stringer

Yanks are doing the wrong thing tonight starting Burnett. Here's why, Posada doesnt catch burnett, Cabrera is hurt meaning Gardner is starting. Your 7,8 and 9 hitters are now Molina, garnder and Burnett. You now have Posada on the bench along with Matsui.

The Yanks are up 3-1, Girardi shoud go with Chad Goudain. Why not. That way you are believing your bats will come through against Lee the second time around and maybe you catch the Phillies realing. If the Yanks lose, then you have Burnett on full rest for game 6.

The last thing the Yanks should do, is play like they are conceding defeat for game 5