The 2009 World Series Thread - Phillies Vs. Yankees

Discussion in 'Baseball Talk' started by 86WARD, Oct 21, 2009.

1. Matt314hew

Matt314hew Mr. Impossible

From the beginning I said Yankees in 6. But the Phillies are crushing some homers to stay around. Utley has been a beast and I would vote him for the MVP of the series even if they lose it. Lee is a great pitcher, making the yankees look like little league batters against him.

2. DaBearsrule4ever

DaBearsrule4ever Hall Of Famer

Honestly, I agree. Blanton really didn't pitch too bad in game 4. IF Hamels gets the ball in game 7, Manuel should put him on a short leash. Now back to Cliff Lee. Since you said 1 inning of relief wouldn't be a bad idea, what would you think about Lee closing out game 7 in a save situation?

3. smeags

smeags militant geek

lee would be my pick to close. use madsen for two to get you to the 9th if we need to along with park.

4. DawkinsINT

DawkinsINT Tebow free since 9/5/2015.

Great win last night. Utley has been amazing. The time is perfect for Howard to get hot. I'm confident in Pedro. Go Phils!

5. smeags

smeags militant geek

so, i heard david wells stated philly fan are horrible. now i have tried to get fired up over these comments but i just can't get passed who said them without laughing till my gut hurts considering this is the same guy who just dazzled the world with his on air farting incident on the MLB network.

stay classy dave !

6. Crowned

Crowned Doesn't give a shit.

If Phillies win game 6 the pressure is on the Yankees. Another classic Yankee choke anybody??

7. smeags

smeags militant geek

:icon_cool:

8. TDJets72027

TDJets72027 Rex Ryan baby

I think we wrap it up on game 6 tomorrow. Let's go yankees!

**********Automerged Doublepost**********

Funny how Phillies fans are calling for a Yankees choke! This Yankee team is better than 2004 in every facet of the game.

Even the newspapers had an ad showing the Phillies championship shirt lol

9. DawkinsINT

If the Phillies come back to win this, I won't think of it as a Yankees choke, but rather as what an amazing team the Philles have. To me it all has to do with the Phillies and not the Yankees. Your Yanks are definitely in the driver's seat still.

10. Crowned

You'll be alone.

11. DawkinsINT

The majority of Phillies fans I'm sure will feel the same way. Jokes would be had at Yankees fans' expense, but it would much more be a celebration of this Phillies team.

12. Crowned

Of course, it's always about your freaking team. Man I hate this guy. :icon_lol:

13. DawkinsINT

You aren't alone. :lol:

1 person likes this.
  14. Crowned

well played.

15. 86WARD

86WARD -

One thing the Phillies have going for them is that all the Yankees pitchers are pitching on short rest and as it did last night, it could bite them in the butt...

16. Chubz

Chubz 1st Stringer

that is true but I dont see pedro going anymore than 5 innings tomorrow and that Phillies bullpen will not be able to hold any lead. Burnett pitching bad last night had nothing to do with pitching on short rest. The Phillies didnt let him throw first pitch strikes and not swing at them.

It's going to be a battle of the bullpens tomorrow night. Pedro is now pitching on 5 days rest, not the 10-14 days rest he had in between his last starts. He may have fooled some yankee hitters for a couple of turns last game, but they arent going to jump out of their shoes to chase his off speed stuff tomorrow.

17. markaz

markaz Resident Cards Fan Staff Member

18. hermhater

hermhater Guest

It's a long shot dude.

Still hoping for it to happen though.

19. 86WARD

86WARD -

I love the people who say the Phillies bullpen stinks...buy into the media hype. lol...

20. smeags

smeags militant geek

lidge is not the entire bullpen.

**********Automerged Doublepost**********

if the phillies comeback to win this we'll leave all the "yankees choke" talk to the red sox fans while we party. :icon_cool:

1 person likes this.