The 2009 World Series Thread - Phillies Vs. Yankees

Discussion in 'Baseball Talk' started by 86WARD, Oct 21, 2009.

1. chiefswin19games

chiefswin19games Don't be defeated.

Way to be positive dude. You're right.

I'm just a jack butt at times.

2. ball in the baskett

ball in the baskett First Team All Pro

congrats to yankee fans

i live with a yankee fan i need earplugs for a while

3. K Train

K Train Do You Honeycutt?

philadelphia is the best place in the world right now....not a place id rather be

4. ronbart

ronbart Pro Bowler

boy that sucked

5. hermhater

hermhater Guest

There's always next year.

6. TDJets72027

TDJets72027 Rex Ryan baby

Worlds can't describe how HAPPY I am right now!

7. Mike S.

Mike S. GIF Hall Of Fame Class Of 2007 Staff Member

World Series - Philadelphia vs N.Y. Yankees

Wednesday, October 28th Philadelphia 6 N.Y. Yankees 1
    Thursday, October 29th N.Y. Yankees 3 Philadelphia 1
    Saturday, October 31st N.Y. Yankees 8 Philadelphia 5
    Sunday, November 1st N.Y. Yankees 7 Philadelphia 4
    Monday, November 2nd Philadelphia 8 N.Y. Yankees 6
    Wednesday, November 4th N.Y. Yankees 7 Philadelphia 3

N.Y. Yankees win series 4 games to 2

8. Sportsguy

Sportsguy AKA-Sportsguy9695

Congrats to all my yankee fans out there. im very glade they won it this year

9. smeags

smeags militant geek

congrats to the yankees. the better team won.

1 person likes this.
  10. Inclulbus

Inclulbus WE ARE! .. Marshall!

i agree, but the phillies roster is so good man, had it not been the yankees, it'd be back to back.. just had to happen the yankees finally came back to life this year, or you all most def would be back to back right now. hope ATL can get a couple more pieces and give you all a run for their money..

Congrats Yankees Fans, the true yankee fans, not the ones that just love their hat and want to call themself a yankee fan.

To all Phillies fans, just as I said to Smeagle, helluva team you all have, nothing to hang your hats on now, good luck next season.

11. smeags

smeags militant geek

thankx inc ... we have a couple small holes to fill but i think amaro will address those and we will be back. i have to admit last year makes this much easier to deal with.

the yankees just simply made more plays and made less mistakes. from the manager to the players the yankees were better overall and that's why they are champs.

it was a great series, one that baseball needed. two great teams and fanbases that went toe to toe.

12. Matt314hew

Matt314hew Mr. Impossible

This was a good series. Best 2 teams in both leagues going toe to toe with one another. If it wasn't for Cliff Lee, this could have been a sweep.

The Phillies should be back in the playoffs next year. Just once I would like the Pirates to come to life and be .500.

Congrats to the Yankees and their true fans. And congrats to the Phillies and their fans. Heck of a season. Toughest thing in all sports is to repeat. Congrats on getting back to the big show.

13. K Train

what a great vibe today on my way walking to work....just awesome

14. Chubz

Chubz 1st Stringer

I completely agree man. If theres an NL team I watch it's the Phillies. They remind me of an american league team. They remind me of a early Yankee team lets say 1996. The pitching jsut fell apart for you guys this year. Hamels and Lidge both crap the bed. I think Hamels will be fine but Lidge could be a problem. Remember how long it took him to recover from the Pujlos HR in the playoffs in 2004?

This was the highest rated world series in 6 years. I have a feeling this wont be the last time we see each other in the postseason

15. K Train

yeah i could imagine they got great ratings.....that big market matchup is the MLBs wet dream just like the lakers/celtics in the NBA few years ago

16. DawkinsINT

DawkinsINT Tebow free since 9/5/2015.

Congrats, Yankees fans. You guys have a great team. Hopefully we'll meet again next year in the series.

17. 86WARD

86WARD -

Great series. The Phillies competed and ended pretty much like I thought it would except for some reason I thought Cole Hamels would be a little better than he was. Not lights out like last season, just somewhere in between that and where he actually was. Again...congrats Yankees fans on #27...

Hope to meet up again next season for the rematch!

18. smeags

smeags militant geek

how long before pitchers and catchers report ?

19. ball in the baskett

ball in the baskett First Team All Pro

They had a good run dident win it all but atleast they got back to back Nl titles not many teams do that.

20. TDJets72027

TDJets72027 Rex Ryan baby

I think there will be a WS rematch next year!