Anybody Play Rugby?

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous Sports' started by afjay, Nov 7, 2009.

1. afjay

afjay Click. Clack.

I just started playing and think it is an awesome sport. I'm wondering if anyone else on here plays.

2. afjay

afjay Click. Clack.

Nobody? Really? Pussies :icon_cheesygrin:

3. hermhater

hermhater Guest

When I was a kid we played tackle football in a field with no pads.

Does that count?

4. MediaGuy

MediaGuy Ball So Hard University

I do not Scrum.

5. hermhater

hermhater Guest

That looks too close to sc***um dude.

I call ghey

6. ollysj

ollysj iKraut

Rugby is for Brits.... (no insult intended)

7. 86WARD

86WARD -

Rugby is far from ghey, unless you call "legally beating another man" up while toting a odd shaped ball ghey...tough sport...

Rugby is for those who aren't all there...no offense afjay.

8. afjay

afjay Click. Clack.

Oh I agree, you have to be a little nuts to play rugby. But I get to go out and hit people, and then drink beer. What more can I ask for?

9. andy82

andy82 Your Soul, It's Mine!

I hate playing Rugby so much, because every game (That I've played in) degenerates into an assault-fest (Off-Ball tackling, stamping, eye gouging, elbowing, punching...and that's in a Sport Lesson).

It's the closest legal thing to an all-out, no holds bar brawl.

10. afjay

afjay Click. Clack.

It's not as bad here in the states.

11. andy82

My sister plays it though! Although it's more for the insanely ridiculous drinking culture that is attached to the sport.

**********Automerged Doublepost**********

That's because I expect the guys who you play it with have a genuine passion for the sport and play it how it should.

12. afjay

afjay Click. Clack.

My wife plays too. I'll tell you though, the girls are vicious. Biting, clawing and scratching in the scrum.

13. andy82

Yeah that sounds familiar lol. Luckily she's light and lanky (Like me lol) so she avoids a lot of it (I think she plays wing at the moment, although she could easily move up into Fly Half if she bothers to take tips in how to kick the ball from me lol).

14. afjay

afjay Click. Clack.

My wife plays scrum half. I'm fast enough to be a back, but I'm also 6'1 195 so I get stuck in the pack.

15. 86WARD

86WARD -

fixed it...

16. afjay

afjay Click. Clack.

I'm married, so I only get to bang the same hot chick as always.

17. chiefswin19games

chiefswin19games Don't be defeated.

I broke my arm playing fullback when I was 14 chair force. I played with my boss and some of his friends that were 10 to 15 years older than me. They all had at least 60 pounds on me too.

18. afjay

afjay Click. Clack.

That sucks. Our backs are all little guys, but the fat kids still have to catch them.

19. hermhater

hermhater Guest

:icon_lol:

20. TOP DAWG

TOP DAWG Pro Bowler

I like the game. Beat the heck out of each other, than hit the bar. Sounds like pick up football games in Philly.