3-4 LB/Conversion Players

Discussion in 'NFL Draft Discussion' started by K Train, Nov 10, 2009.

1. K Train

K Train Do You Honeycutt?

So im gonna go through my top 34 linebackers so far this year....keep in mind the outside guys arent linebackers usually, they are DEs i think can make the switch.

Sergio Kindle is pure stud, not really the DE prospect Orakpo was, but could be a phenom at OLB, something ive always doubted Orakpo to be able to do.

Brandon Graham from michigan looks like a Woodley clone in just about every way. 6-2 260+ with his ability will have teams running a new 34 paying close attention....especially with him being a better prospect than woodley or anthony spencer at this point.

George Selvie is a guy i love, hes not having the season most expected but i love what he brings to the table and have been saying for months that if the steelers are not going to find a NT to replace hampton then we will need to start showing some 43 looks and hes the perfect guy to not only make that transition but still maintain some 34 looks

Corey Wootton is a little iffy for a conversion guy, hes very lanky being 6-7 but hes athletic enough to pull it off....ill be watching him too

as far as MLBs go, Brandon Spikes is the prototype 34 MLB, especially when you have timmons next to him....they are polar opposite players but perfect compliments....i only hope he has a draft day slip like poz, lauranitis, maualuga, demeco ryans...ect

Micah Johnson and Ronlado Mcclain are also guys that will get looks because they are very versatile and can play inside or out in both schemes (pretty much)

2. MadMoxxiFavGun

MadMoxxiFavGun Going Crazy

what about Ricky Sapp from clemson?

3. K Train

sapp is very similar to gaines adams....its weird how schools tend to do that....i loved gaines adams as a conversion guy, he had demarcus ware-like combine excellence at OLB drills. it was clear he was going to be a top 10 talent and it was he year i really had my eye on anthony spencer. if adams worked at OLB from day one he would be a superstud right now imo.

i dont think the same mistake will be made with sapp. hes not going to be looked at as a 3 down dlineman in a 3 point stance, he will most likely be forced to convert, especially cause hes a tad smaller than adams who really had the size to go either way.

in a year of elite edge rushers he will most likely be a second round pick

4. Jihad Joe

Jihad Joe Life to Infidels

I like Wootton better as a weakside DE in a 3-4. Not a 5 tequnique but he could be a playmaker on the weakside

5. K Train

i guess it would be like calais campbell and how hes used in AZ, no one really knew what he would project to but hes such a freak in size he clearly had to be used somehow

6. Jihad Joe

Jihad Joe Life to Infidels

I think people tend to think of 3-4 DE's as strickly run stuffers/block occupier's. People forget that Bruce Smith got 200 sacks as a career 3-4 DE

7. K Train

well i MY ideal 34 you have a huge anchor at NT, im talking a man the size of a planet who is explosive off the snap and takes at least 2 blockers and pushes them into the backfield. then you have one DE who is pure steel, doesnt need to be much a pass rusher, just someone who can go one on one with any lineman and give him fits and a phenom against the run. the other DE is quicker, got smooth technique and while he might not be the strongest he would give guys who are maulers fits with his speed and leverage.

but thats just me lol, teams run all different kinds

8. The Mullet

The Mullet Reptile Guru

As long as you've got a stud OLB who can help in run control. Puts more pressure on ILB and even S too.

9. K Train

basically i described keisel and harrison. harrison makes up for keisels lack of power, but keisel gives big slow linemen fits in the pass game