Raiders Are Least Desirable Team For NFL Players

Discussion in 'Oakland Raiders' started by MediaGuy, Nov 24, 2009.

1. MediaGuy

MediaGuy Ball So Hard University

The Lions haven't beaten Green Bay since 2005, but they gained one small victory over their NFC North rivals this week. Sports Illustrated asked 296 NFL players which team they would least like to play for, and the winner (loser?) was Oakland at 20 percent. No. 2 on the least desirable list in this week's magazine was Buffalo (14 percent), followed by Green Bay (13 percent), Detroit (12 percent) and Cleveland (7 percent).

Source: The Detroit News

2. ball in the baskett

ball in the baskett First Team All Pro

Wonder why green bay is on the list

3. Sweets

Sweets All-Pro

maybe they don't want to play on the "frozen tundra"

4. andy82

andy82 Your Soul, It's Mine!

Considering the majority of NFL players are from Florida, I doubt they'd consider freezing temperatures and snow to be desirable factors.

Sounds simple, but it wouldn't surprise me.

5. CaptainStubing

CaptainStubing Gave her a Dirty Sanchez

yep, all of those teams are cold weather climates other than oakland.

6. MediaGuy

MediaGuy Ball So Hard University

And Al Davis is stone COLD dead.

7. CaptainStubing

CaptainStubing Gave her a Dirty Sanchez

yep, cold weather and losing usually doesn't appeal to very many players ...........

8. Flacco2MasonTD

Flacco2MasonTD ಠ_ಠ

I'm sure Tommy Kelley is happy he's a Raider.

9. markaz

markaz Resident Cards Fan Staff Member

This is an indictment against the Raiders' organization vs. the weather for all the other clubs. As a such Chiefs fan I actually feel sorry for Raider fan because of the embarrassment Al Davis has brought to that city. I'll get over it in a couple of minutes.

10. I immediately thought of this when I read about Oakland being the least desirable.

[​IMG]

1 person likes this.
  11. cris80

cris80 comic relief

I read somewhere that GB was on the list because of the smaller town atmosphere and lack of a 'night scene'.

12. markaz

Good point. Too few strips clubs and handguns to satisfy the 2009 NFL player's needs.

13. Daddy Primetime42

Daddy Primetime42 TheNationWillRiseAgain

yeah whatever money talks

14. BoltzRule

BoltzRule Fans refugee

Money always talks, but it's not a good thing that your team has to overpay to even get guys to consider going there.

15. Daddy Primetime42

yeah this doesnt mean much right now as soon as the raiders turn crap around one of these days the percentages will change so its no big deal. Players always say they want to wear the silver and black before they retire.

16. BoltzRule

BoltzRule Fans refugee

Really? I can't say I've heard many players say that. Maybe because they're the only team willing to overpay guys that are well past their prime.

17. cris80

cris80 comic relief

Going to be hard to turn it around if you can't get the players who want to be there. Raiders need to focus on getting a good front office, and making it a place that the players want to come. Doesn't matter if you can pay people millions of dollars if you're just going to get malcontents who are only concerned about getting the big payday.

Look at how well that's working for you now, and also teams like the Redskins. Yes, it's important to pay the players, but it's just as important to have a team that they want to play for and an atmosphere where they can be successful.

18. Daddy Primetime42

it works for the yankees, winning makes morales get better. i agree with getting a front office who is not stuck in the past like marty mcfly. But i think if you could get a coach with some credibilty that the malcontent will turn into motivation to turn things around.

19. markaz

Yeah, I think I read something about Favre wanting to wear silver and black before he retires for the ninth time.

1 person likes this.
  20. BoltzRule

BoltzRule Fans refugee

Yankees are outspending the competition by far and they're signing top players.

The Raiders overpay for average to above average guys like they're pro-bowlers.

They need to start drafting well and only use FA as a way to add some veteran leadership or for minor holes (or when you have a solid base to enhance your team ala Randy Moss to the Pats). That's the only way they'll get out of the hole their in. If Al continues relying on FA to fix the mess, the Raiders will continue to be a mess, just like the Redskins.

1 person likes this.