Hines Ward Questions Steelers QB Ben Roethlisberger's Toughness

Discussion in 'Pittsburgh Steelers' started by SRW, Nov 29, 2009.

1. 86WARD

86WARD -

And Ben has said all week that he felt fine and wanted to play. He begged Tomlin last night to play and that's why Tomlin let him dress as the #3 guy tonight. Ward never directly called him out and questioned his toughness...

Still not seeing where Ward questioned it...lol...

2. hermhater

hermhater Guest

You just quoted it WARD.

He's saying he should have lied to the doctors.

3. SRW

SRW Ex-World's Worst Site Admin

The Steeler fans will all choose to deny what is clearly there for everyone else to see.

4. 86WARD

86WARD -

Which if you followed the story all week, he evidentally did. lol. He's said he's felt fine all week...and begged to play last night.

Dr. Maroon didn't clear him as of yesterday. Love when the media trys to make something of nothing.

5. hermhater

hermhater Guest

I'm still kind of confused about the whole emergency QB thing.

6. Roy31

Roy31 Hall Of Famer

Ward should not have done the interview... simple as that.

7. 86WARD

86WARD -

lol...agree...

8. TOP DAWG

TOP DAWG Pro Bowler

Tomlin stated that if it got down to Ben being the only QB left, he would be put in the game to hand off the ball, ONLY.

9. hermhater

hermhater Guest

Yeah that's why I'm confused.

If he's cleared to play then this shouldn't be a question of whether he's tough or not, it should be a question of whether he was allowed to play.

10. RichLikeWh0a

RichLikeWh0a Hermhater = Nemesis

Sorry, I'm with the Steeler's fans on this one. Something out of nothing.

11. Sweets

Sweets All-Pro

Hines Ward said something and Steeler fans say it's nothing....:lmao:

12. hermhater

hermhater Guest

Sweets just snapped your jockstrap WARD...,

13. RichLikeWh0a

People are going to read into it what they want to. And I'm not talking about Steelers fans.

14. hermhater

hermhater Guest

You're my nemesis so eff you.

15. CaptainStubing

CaptainStubing Gave her a Dirty Sanchez

well, i'm almost certain that the steelers would have won last night if ben would have played. dixon played admirably but the ravens figured him out by halftime.

16. smeags

smeags militant geek

move over T.O.

:icon_cheesygrin:

**********Automerged Doublepost**********

umm, those are ward's own words when he exlained what he said and "why" he said it. so it wasn't the media making something out of nothing. hines meant what he said.

17. RichLikeWh0a

No, it's Ward trying to shut people up over a stupid non-story.

18. cpgobrowns

cpgobrowns < Deer/Headlights

He didn't directly call him a cat. But he pretty much said that half the locker room thinks that. The real issue isn't whether he should be calling out his QB on national TV. It's that he is ignorant when it comes to long term effects of head injuries and shouldn't be talking about lying to doctors to play football games when kids are watching.

19. smeags

smeags militant geek

yeah, a WR calling out his QB for a lack of toughness is a non story. :icon_rolleyes:

whatever, it is a story, just like it was when owens would call out his qb's. does it mean it will amount to much ? who knows but it is definitely worth writing about.

btw - hines ward is my favorite non eagles player in the league and has been for years. so this isn't me hating on an opposing player.

20. Mr. D

Mr. D WINNING!!

when you throw your own QB under the buss your going to have a story printed out

**********Automerged Doublepost**********

QFT