Sixers Have Meeting With Allen Iverson

Discussion in 'Basketball Talk' started by ball in the baskett, Dec 1, 2009.

1. ball in the baskett

ball in the baskett First Team All Pro

2. 86WARD

86WARD -

Sixers offered him a one year non-guaranteed deal today...I think it was the veteran minimum for a 10-year vet.

If he's on the roster come January 10th...it becomes guaranteed...

3. ball in the baskett

If there thinking of getting him and just cutting him before january 10th thats hecked up. Nice way of treating someone that brought so much to your orginization FREAK YOU SIXERS MANAGEMENT!!!

**********Automerged Doublepost**********

IVERSON IS OFFICIALLY BACK!!!!!!!!!

4. falcon_91

falcon_91 Pro Bowler

I would love to see him have a huge game and then just walk away - cant believe i agree with Kornheiser - that way he would be remembered for what he became loved for not for floating about looking for a spot.

5. ball in the baskett

And its gonna happen as a 76er :icon_cool: its just meant to be

6. DaBearsrule4ever

DaBearsrule4ever Hall Of Famer

Whats that Skip Bayless calls Allen Iverson? Something to the tune of "Allen Me, Myself, and Iverson"?

7. Texxx

Texxx Special Teamer

I can't understand why anyone would want Iverson back. The guy has never been a winner and he's always been so freaking selfish. He set the Sixers organization back years. They took way to long to finally let him go, and now they bring him back. He's a selfish baby and always will be.

8. ball in the baskett

He took the sixers to finals all by himself and lost to the lakers but any team would have lost to them they were sick that year.

9. Texxx

Texxx Special Teamer

Fair enough, I'll give him that one year. He was amazing and that was the only year he ever listened to his coach and played well along with his teammates. The very next season he went right back to being the spoiled child he has been his entire career and had the "practice" episode. I used to be a big time fan, but after while I could no longer root for a brat like Iverson. He ran off so many coaches over there for years, and made it more difficult for the Sixers to bring in free agents, because no one really wanted to play with AI. Part of it was the fault of the organization for spoiling him from the moment he got there. After a few years he was stuck in his ways as being the little pest that he was towards management. Iverson had no respect for his coaches though, and I'll never respect a player like that. He wasn't some young guy that needed to mature. He matured for that one season and then got worse and worse until Philly finally pulled the plug but it was like two years to late.

Once they finally did it was no surprise that he didn't play well with Denver, and then whined his way through Detroit which should have been a good fit honestly, and then couldn't even hack it in Memphis. I mean, his resume of being a little brat is reeeeaallly long. I've just been sick of his act for so many years now and was hoping that he would stay retired. I'll say this though, he was one of the most exciting players that I ever enjoyed watching LIVE at an NBA game despite all of the other things I didn't like about him.

10. ball in the baskett

This is why the fans in philadelphia love allen iverson. He might not bring us a championship but he will give you your moneys worth when you go to a game. His effort is definitly there he gives it all he has. When he came back to philadelphia when he was in denver the reaction he got speaks for itself the arena errupted. I cant wait to see the reaction this monday ironicly against denver. Basketball has been dead here since he left if you go to a game you can always find open seats very easily.

wow i just realized his first 2 games back are vs denver then vs detroit thats sick

11. Texxx

Texxx Special Teamer

I'll give him the "effort" thing. He's always given that, but it's irrelevant when he hurts his team in other ways by not getting other teammates involved and when other free agents no longer want to go there. Plus, when he's supposed to be the leader of the team, and he's snitching about practice and showing disrespect towards the coach's leadership which he did with every single coach there, he no longer becomes an asset even if he's the best player there. Iverson was always one of those players that could put up great numbers, but could never win anything or be a consistent winner even in the East. He's just like Tracy Mcgrady in certain ways who has always had great numbers as well, but has never been a winner either. Certain NBA players are like that. They are strictly numbers guys, but they'll never be the types of players on the court that make their teams better. Plus I remember in Iverson's last season there he didn't even show up on time to fan appreciation night. Him and Webber both. It just showed what a little brat he was to me. Iverson would have been much better suited to be a second option on a team that had a good big man if he could have gone to a team like that early on in his career. A big man that would have put him in his place and been the real leader, because Iverson has never been a leader and that was always a huge problem for the Sixers while he was there.

12. smeags

smeags militant geek

he did not take them there himself. five guys are on the court at the same time.

13. Texxx

Texxx Special Teamer

Yeah, I think he seems to forget that Mutombo was the defensive player of the year, that one guy(can't remember his name) was the 6th man of the year, and Larry Brown was coach of the year that season.

14. ball in the baskett

aaron mckie was the 6th man of the year

If you guys think this roster gets anywhere near a championship game without AI your crazy.

Allen Iverson
    Dikembe Mutombo
    Aaron McKie
    Eric Snow
    Tyrone Hill
    George Lynch
    Matt Geiger
    Rodney Buford
    Jumaine Jones
    Todd MacCulloch
    Kevin Ollie
    Roshown McLeod
    Raja Bell
    Anthony Miller

15. smeags

smeags militant geek

yeah, aaron mckie won the 6th man award that year. george lynch was in the running for defensive player of the year as well. also ratliff was kicking butt before he got hurt and then traded him for motumbo.

AI was a big, big part of the reason we got there but he had plenty of help.

the issue was he held us back. again, we didnt draft paul pierce because of iverson.

basket - he was a big part of it but stop saying it was all him. how many shots did he block that year ? how many assist did he have as the point guard ? how many rebounds did he have ?

16. ball in the baskett

I remember that a fan threw a iverson jersey on the floor.

The guy still loves philadelphia

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zNcY-xn65rU"]YouTube - Allen Iverson's return to Philly All-Access (Must See) 07/08[/ame]

Maybe not on his own but there were no huge stars on the team with him. Just good role players

17. Texxx

Texxx Special Teamer

Well of course he does "now." He's traveled all over the USA playing in different cities in the last few years where no other team has been willing to put up with his chronic whining that Philly put up with for years. I mean seriously, for years he acted like one of those spoiled HS players that is the star at the school and gets his way all of the time.

WHo was that one coach that came in for about 10 games that one year where either the HC just quit or had gotten sick or something and this white guy came in as the interim HC for a while? I can't remember the guy's name. Iverson treated this guy like dog crap and made it as difficult of a situation that he could for this guy that already had a challenging situation. I remember though, that this guy didn't put up with Iverson's crap one bit. He benched his butt for being late to a game one day and Iverson acted like a jerk the entire time that the guy coached there for that short period of time. However, the Sixers went on like an 8 game winning streak in that period of time and played really well while Iverson pretty much shut it down around that time. Iverson pretty much refused to play for the guy to the point where he faked an injury or something like that. He was calling this poor guy out all over the media and the guy was actually having some success without AI in the lineup and a bunch of cans that he was having to work with but he had them over achieving actually.

18. ball in the baskett

I think your talking about jim o brian

Anyway this is different because the sixers signed him to a deal that if something were to happen they could cut him without any effects. Im just happy to have him back cause hes my favorite player.

19. Texxx

Texxx Special Teamer

No, no, I'm not talking about Jim O Brian. This was some other guy. It might have been in the same season that O Brian was there though. It was definitely after Larry Brown left. This guy I'm talking about was an interim HC. I can't remember why or what happened if the HC just quit, got fired, or got sick, or what but something had happened where this guy had to come in there for like 12 to 13 games or something like that and he did real well.

20. andy82

andy82 Your Soul, It's Mine!

I give Iverson 3 games before blowing up again.