Browns And WR Josh Cribbs Close To Contract Extension

Discussion in 'Cleveland Browns' started by Sweets, Dec 3, 2009.

1. Sweets

Sweets All-Pro

According to the Cleveland Plain Dealer, the Browns and Josh Cribbs are making progress on a contract extension. Cribbs is the Browns' most exciting offensive player and a fan favorite, so they would be wise to keep him around. Although the team is without a GM right now, and Eric Mangini's return is in doubt, Cribbs feels good about where the two sides are. "We're making good progress," he stated.

Source: Rototimes.com

2. CaptainStubing

CaptainStubing Gave her a Dirty Sanchez

how much do you want to pay for a kick returner though? how much does he really help them win games?

he's scored 3 td's all season, fumbled the ball 4 times, has 290 total yards on offense, he's 9th in the league in kickoff returns, and 4th in punt returns.

how much is that worth? in my mind, he should be paid similar to a #3 wide receiver and that is no more than a couple of million a year. if the browns pay this guy a huge long-term deal, it will just be another mistake in their history.

3. CStevenson13

CStevenson13 1st Stringer

^Yea im a big fan of Cribbs but you have to be careful as far as how much you give him and how long, he's a weapon but will be your 3rd receiver at best once guys like massaquoi and robiskie develop

4. cpgobrowns

cpgobrowns < Deer/Headlights

He single handedly kept them in the 1st Cincy game. They wouldn't kick to him last week. He's put them in position to be in games. He would be helping them win if they weren't atrocious in other areas of the game (little things like offense and defense). He makes teams account for him. I don't think the Browns are going to break the bank for him, and I agree with you. I don't think they should. But he's definitely worth way more than the 620,000 he's making this year. In fact, under his current contract, it would take him 3 years to make that couple of million you're talking about.