Matt Cassel To Remain The Chiefs Starting QB

Discussion in 'Kansas City Chiefs' started by SRW, Dec 6, 2009.

1. SRW

SRW Ex-World's Worst Site Admin

Chiefs head coach Todd Haley confirmed that Matt Cassel will be back as the Chiefs’ starting quarterback next week during his postgame news conference following Sunday’s 44-13 loss to the Broncos, saying that he’ll go back to Cassel despite benching his starter in favor of backup Brodie Croyle in the lopsided loss. Haley pulled Cassel late during the third quarter, saying he felt the game was out of reach and he gave Cassel a vote of confidence. “I’m very confident in Matt,†Haley said. “Our first series we had a chance to make a huge play on third down. I thought that Matt prepared and was ready to go. The game didn’t go the way he or we wanted it to go and then we let some negative things happen. Cassel completed 10 of 29 passes for 84 yards with two interceptions. “There were a lot of things going wrong out there,†Cassel said. “We didn’t get in much of a rhythm all day; we didn’t take advantage of a few big-play opportunities. I can’t throw [my receivers] the ball, obviously, and there were a number of issues, especially on the offensive side of the ball today.â€

Source:
    NFL.com

2. hermhater

hermhater Guest

Yeah his stats need to include all the dropped passes.

3. RAIDERH8ER

RAIDERH8ER Benched

Maybe we have to draft Dez Bryant instead of a Oline with our 1st rounder...

4. hermhater

hermhater Guest

No way dude.

O line is the priority.

5. warcrychief

warcrychief Ur just da assistant Pimp

im sure we would go a skill guy in da first then linemen in the second.

6. hermhater

hermhater Guest

Are there no sure O linemen this year?

7. markaz

markaz Resident Cards Fan Staff Member

:word:
    Nice tribute sig for DT, hh.

8. mj1987us26

mj1987us26 Super

Russel Okung.