Colts GM Doesn't Think Tim Tebow Can Play QB In NFL

Discussion in 'Indianapolis Colts' started by Sweets, Dec 9, 2009.

1. Sweets

Sweets All-Pro

Colts GM Bill Polian asked about Florida QB Tim Tebow's potential in the NFL: "I think Tim Tebow would be a heck of a guy. If you're going to take your offense and say, 'We're going to do what the Miami Dolphins do; we're going to run this 45, maybe 50 percent, maybe 60 percent of the time,' then he's the perfect guy for you. I don't know where you'd take him in the draft, but he fits perfectly there. I've heard other people say he could be a great goal-line and short-yardage running back. I believe that to be the case. I've heard people say they think he can be a very good tight end. I believe that would be the case. I don't know how he catches the ball, but I presume and think he's a good enough athlete that that would not be a problem. There's room for Tim Tebow, if you wanted to install the Wildcat as a part of a specific and integral part of your offense. He'd be perfect for you."

Source: Colts.com

2. CaptainStubing

CaptainStubing Gave her a Dirty Sanchez

bill polian doesn't know anything about nfl talent ................. :icon_cheesygrin:

i love that he hinted he would be a better running back, tight end, or Wide Receiver than an nfl QB ............... hahaha........... what a slam............

3. themush

themush iDIOT sAVANT

Yeah huge slam since this is the first time anyone has said that....:icon_rolleyes:

4. CaptainStubing

CaptainStubing Gave her a Dirty Sanchez

have there been any true nfl talent evaluators that have said he will be a success in the nfl? time will tell what he turns out to be in the nfl but i trust bill polian as an nfl talent evaluator. he's one of the best.

5. I could so see Polian drafting Tebow as a Tight End somewhere in the late Second, Third Round and pair him with Dallas Clark to form the most athletic 2 Tight End set in the NFL. That would be so sick its not even fair.:icon_razz:

6. K Train

K Train Do You Honeycutt?

he drafted clark as a TE, clark was a LB.

i think he will play QB, hes got a TON of people to prove wrong

7. mj1987us26

mj1987us26 Super

If Tebow plays QB he will be a bust, no doubts about it. As for him not being a QB in the NFL, that is a statement for captian obvious.

8. bigsexyy81

bigsexyy81 Muffin Top

Watch, Polian takes him in the bottom of the first.

9. GJDMQYB

GJDMQYB Guest

Im sure Tebow will be drafted but its to say when he will be drafted.

10. andy82

andy82 Your Soul, It's Mine!

With Tebow you have to think about what your going to do with him.

If you take him as QB, his passing mechanics will need to be completely reworked and will have to adapt him to a pro offense (Which is bad enough for most NCAA QB's, but even worse for Tebow as he's spent four years in a system that bears no resemblance at all to a pro system). Throw in the fact that he has been taking a pounding from all his scrambling, and for me you've got a big project QB who no better than a 3rd Rounder.

As a WR he's way too slow, scrub that idea.

TE is an interesting prospect, he's got decent athleticism and the size to pull it off, but does he have the hands? Not forgetting blocking as well. Another project, but I think that he's more likely to have more takers on this route.

FB/Short Yard Back for me is his best bet in the NFL; I have no doubt he can transition into being a very good power back in the NFL , and I think scouts believe that as well. Obviously not a feature back, more of a Le'Ron McClain/Mike Alstott type back

11. K Train

K Train Do You Honeycutt?

he has a high bust rate....but hes the type of guy that will do whatever it takes. personally i dont think he can be a QB, i will gladly watch him try though. i dont like him but i will acknowledge him as the best college QB of all time, at least top 3....his credentials are out of this world