Raiders QB Bruce Gradkowski Suffers Two Torn MCL's

Discussion in 'Oakland Raiders' started by SRW, Dec 13, 2009.

1. SRW

SRW Ex-World's Worst Site Admin

Raiders QB Bruce Gradkowki's season may have ended on Sunday when he suffered sprained ligaments in both knees in a 34-13 loss to the Redskins. Gradkowski tore his MCL in his left knee and partially tore the same ligament in his right knee. Gradkowski wouldn't rule himself out for the rest of the year, though the recovery time for MCL sprains usually requires at least 3-4 weeks. "See what the MRI says tomorrow but who knows?" Gradkowski told reporters. "I don't count myself out. You never need surgery with MCLs. I'll do whatever I can to get healthy fast, if I can. It's just tough. It's tough because the past couple weeks I felt gave us great positive attitudes and energy, and then this happens. But you know stuff happens for a reason. We just have to battle back and we'll be all right."

Source: USA Today

2. Roy31

Roy31 Hall Of Famer

I wonder if he's done enough to earn the starting role for next season? Knowing Al Davis he'll probably draft a Quarterback in the first round or bring in a big name.

3. hermhater

hermhater Guest

Or both?

4. Roy31

Roy31 Hall Of Famer

Well he's gotta bring in another Quarterback but it doesn't have to be a first rounder or a big name free agent.

5. markaz

markaz Resident Cards Fan Staff Member

I hear JaMarcus Russell has potential.

6. UNLEASHthaBEAST

UNLEASHthaBEAST NFLPA Warlock Assassin

this sux. obviously the season was over weeks ago, but now we have to suffer through the rest of the season with Jafatass making an even bigger fool of himself...

7. AtlantaBlazer

AtlantaBlazer Knuckles The Echidna's Brother

Start Frye...no really. Battle of the busts, Frye v. Russell.

8. I think Davis should try to lure back Daryle "Mad Bomber" Lamonica. Couldn't hurt. :lola:

9. bigsexyy81

bigsexyy81 Muffin Top

Lol.

And yes this does suck.

10. Daddy Primetime42

Daddy Primetime42 TheNationWillRiseAgain

yeah this blows i finally came to the conclusion freaking russell blows yes i know you guys new all along hes fat he cant pass has no work ethic etc. spare me the i told you so. but today he was totally not prepared he stunk it up along with his chances for any more support from me i apologize to all you people who i had beefs with over this subject. I say we need to draft another QB and cut russell keep grads as a back up and start all over. it would be perfect new coach new QB.

2 people like this.
  11. Crowned

Crowned Doesn't give a shit.

Let's see if the wide receivers will try for Russel now :icon_lol:

12. Daddy Primetime42

Daddy Primetime42 TheNationWillRiseAgain

not if he is going to get them killed poor zack he got wailed on.

13. markaz

Yo, DP42....props. Maybe one of these days the Chiefs and the Raiders can play a meaningful rivalry game instead of the Biannual Toilet Bowl.

14. DaBears22

DaBears22 Matt Forte = future MVP Staff Member

Damn that's rough news for Raiders fans. They now have the rest of the season to say goodbye to J-Russell.

15. markaz

Right. Prolong the visual agony.

16. Androidraider24

Androidraider24 Team Veteran

Sucks, on a side note weren't the rules about going low suppose to be in effect to stop this kind of crap ?

17. mj1987us26

mj1987us26 Super

Didn't you know? That rule only applies if your name is Brady, Manning, Brees, or Favre.

18. warcrychief

warcrychief Ur just da assistant Pimp

he should try out as da waterboy lol

19. russian.tank

russian.tank BruceAlmighty2010

Read it last night that Gradkowski is dying to play, and is one of the options to play.
    Cable said that he will pick a starter on Wednesday.

20. markaz

If he starts a no-legged Gradkowski, I can't imagine Russell seeing this as a good thing.