Dolphins To Pursue WR Miles Austin?

Discussion in 'Miami Dolphins' started by SRW, Dec 20, 2009.

1. SRW

SRW Ex-World's Worst Site Admin

Adam Schefter of ESPN reports Cowboys WR Miles Austin, if not re-signed by the Cowboys which seems likely considering his performance, that Bill Parcells signed Miles Austin to the Cowboys as an undrafted free agent, and would likely take advantage of the opportunity to sign him to the Dolphins. Austin re-signed with the Cowboys as a restricted free agent, at the second-round tender level of $1.545 million. Absent a new labor agreement, he'll be a restricted free agent again in 2010.

Source: TheRedzone.org

2. RichLikeWh0a

RichLikeWh0a Hermhater = Nemesis

I don't see why we'd let him go, unless he simply wants way too much money.

3. Omen

Omen Speeling Be Champions Staff Member

crap i think we nneds to sign him and if need be drop Williams and find a replacment for him

4. Jihad Joe

Jihad Joe Life to Infidels

He will get a 1st and a 3rd round tender is he hits the market.......which he probably wont

5. Roy31

Roy31 Hall Of Famer

Good luck with that, Austin is going to get paid... Bigtime... If Jerruh was willing to give up what he gave up for Galloway, and Roy Williams than he's certainly going to give money to probably one of the best players on our team this year. I really don't care if it's a long term deal, I can't picture Austin's production is going to drop off any time soon especially with Romo at the helm. I say give the man his money and lets get crap done. Austin isn't letting any of his success get to his get to his head which is great.

6. phiglesphan

phiglesphan BANNED

Wonder if he will disappear again once he gets paid....by whoever

7. Roy31

Roy31 Hall Of Famer

What do you mean again?

8. warcrychief

warcrychief Ur just da assistant Pimp

yeah jerry is going 2 open up his pocket 4 that guy. not going 2 get a sniff of FA.

9. mj1987us26

mj1987us26 Super

Will the Boys have the cap room for him with all the defensive FAs and with Williams' contract.

10. phiglesphan

phiglesphan BANNED

Every year he has been in the league until this year. He was a nobody for the majority of his career. I know he hadn't gotten much of a shot yet but.... I'm just wondering if he might not work or try so hard once he gets paid? We all know it happens.

11. Roy31

Roy31 Hall Of Famer

noo. just no. he was developing, and played a minor role. Owens left and we needed someone to step up. He stepped up. If he happens to disappear after signing a big contract, it wouldn't be "again".

12. mj1987us26

mj1987us26 Super

Simple way to stop this is by filling his contract with performance escalators.

13. phiglesphan

phiglesphan BANNED

I suppose your right. You have to be somebody before you can disappear. Sorry I butt hurt ya... would you prefer if I say I wonder if he becomes invisible again?

**********Automerged Doublepost**********

Somebody will be willing to pay him without too many of those.... I would imagine. Whoever tries to build in too many of them would lose out on him

14. Roy31

Roy31 Hall Of Famer

Invisible like for example Brian Westbrook? yeah sure why not.

lol

15. mj1987us26

mj1987us26 Super

Austin seems like a guy who would be willing to do that though. I don't mean his entire contract is escalators, have a bonus for 1000 yards, 10 TDs, 80 catches or so. Just those three will help in keeping his performance above average.

16. phiglesphan

phiglesphan BANNED

No... westy was a money punt returner early in his career,........ and no being kept out due to a bullcrap hypersensitvity the league develops about concussions doesn't count. Not his fault.

Maybe... we will see... he would be a moron if he did but time will tell

17. mj1987us26

mj1987us26 Super

Austin seems like a guy who would be happy playing for 5-7 million a year. Give him 20 mil for 4 years 12 mil guarenteed for your years and have the contract possibly be worth 27-30 or so.

18. phiglesphan

phiglesphan BANNED

And you base this on?

19. mj1987us26

mj1987us26 Super

Base what? The money or the other part? The Money is what I would give him based on the top WR of the leagues and only having one year of real production. The character part is just my opinion based on his attitude so far.

20. phiglesphan

phiglesphan BANNED

I meant the character part... I don't watch any cowboys off field coverage so I have never actually heard the kid speak.

I think your pretty square for the money part...... of course Jerruh is the wild card as far as the money part