Redskins Albert Haynesworth Can't Survive Another Season

Discussion in 'Washington Redskins' started by Sweets, Dec 26, 2009.

1. Sweets

Sweets All-Pro

Frustrated with losing and what he says is the unwillingness of defensive coordinator Greg Blache to embrace change, Washington Redskins defensive tackle Albert Haynesworth could not "survive another season in this system if it stays the way it is," Haynesworth said late Friday afternoon. Haynesworth for the first time discussed his poor relationship with Blache and provided his most detailed explanation yet about the flaws, in his opinion, of Blache's disciplined scheme, which has helped the Redskins rank ninth overall in defense. Haynesworth expressed fear that owner Daniel Snyder's major investment in him -- the Redskins guaranteed Haynesworth $41 million in signing him this past February -- would be wasted unless he again is given freedom to "create havoc" as he did in his first seven seasons with the Tennessee Titans. "If they keep this system the way it is, then they would label Albert Haynesworth a bust who didn't live up to the contract," Haynesworth said. "Everybody would say he just took the money and ran off. And I'm still playing as hard as I possibly can. But you can only do so much within the system that's put around you. And I'm not talking about the players. The players have been great. I couldn't ask for any better guys. I'm talking about the system. And [the coaches] can say whatever they want about that [the reason he was sent home Friday]. The main thing it's coming from is what I said after the game about leadership and about the team."

Source: Washington Post

2. falcon_91

falcon_91 Pro Bowler

You would think that something like how he would be used in the defense would be discussed in contract negotiations

3. jarhd1775

jarhd1775 Special Teamer

This season cant end soon enough for the Redskins.

4. CaptainStubing

CaptainStubing Gave her a Dirty Sanchez

so, is haynesworth going to give back the $40 million guaranteed money to go to another team? yeah, sure, i'd like to see that ............................

5. wide right

wide right Grumpy Old Man

He will survive. As long as he knows how to love I know he'll stay alive. He's got all his life to live. Skins fans got all their love to give. And Albert will survive.

2 people like this.
  6. HailttRedskins

HailttRedskins I Still Say Redskins

I like Albert because he has the balls to tell it how it is. He doesn't sugar coat crap or anything. With players like him we have a good chance of getting rid of the fail. Blache, Zorn, etc.

I love this guy more and more each day. Stands up for Hall when getting beat up on by someone twice his size, now letting everyone know the coaches don't have a clue with what they're doing, good crap!

7. TOP DAWG

TOP DAWG Pro Bowler

It's the same with a lot of players that take the big bucks to play for one of the lesser teams in the NFL, than they aren't happy with the teams perfomance. Randy at Oakland was the same scenario. I'm not arguing with what Haynesworth is saying, just that he got what he deserved. Taking less and signing with a well coached team might have been the smart move.

8. SoDev

SoDev Don't tase me, bro!

These haynesworth threads are getting really gay.

41 mil guaranteed and he's freaking whining.

9. warcrychief

warcrychief Ur just da assistant Pimp

im with you sodev

10. The Sith

The Sith 1st Stringer

signing for all that cash didn't gaurantee that the grass would be greener on the other side.....money doesnt buy happiness.

1 person likes this.
  11. Haynesworth is the victim of his own greed. What a waste.

12. HailttRedskins

You all do realize Haynesworth would have been paid MORE if he went to Tampa, right? He took a pay cut to come here.

13. mj1987us26

mj1987us26 Super

Had he not been a greedy man he could have stayed with the Titans and with him playing he would likely be playing for a playoff contending team.

14. SoDev

SoDev Don't tase me, bro!

Com'on man. Defend your boy, but that's some weak sauce right there.

A pay cut he says... :icon_lol:

15. HailttRedskins

Yeah, but you all are talking about greed. If it was all about the money he would have went to Tampa.

16. Jihad Joe

Jihad Joe Life to Infidels

Bigger market = more endorsement opportunity

In Tampa he would have been a relative unkown.

In Washington, he play's for a historic big market franchise that play's in a heated division with 3 other historic big market franchises

17. HailttRedskins

He said quite clearly there's more oppourtunity after football in Washington than Tennessee and Tampa. That was a big reason as to why he chose coming here.

He also said our fanbase was much better than the others.

18. bigsexyy81

bigsexyy81 Muffin Top

Some picky mother heckers out there in DC if you and Albert are complaining about a top 9 ranked defense.

**********Automerged Doublepost**********

Yup. So heck him and his complaining.

19. hermhater

hermhater Guest

Any chance he will head stomp Zorn before they part ways?

20. Ridin Burgundy

Ridin Burgundy on the Magic Bandwagon

You look far too much at the simple stats. That defense can't stop a freaking thing when it comes down to it regardless of what the ranking says.

Haynesworth is only saying what everyone else thinks. The defense should be better than it is and that's all down to the coaching. What kind of freaking idiot takes a guy who has 4 sacks playing at DE one week and puts him back at LB and drops him into coverage the next week :icon_rolleyes:

With any half decent coaching on the D this team would have 3-4 more wins even with all the offensive struggles.