2009-10 Playoffs: Date Marry Or Dump

Discussion in 'NFL General Discussion' started by brakos82, Jan 4, 2010.

1. brakos82

brakos82 30% more cats than last year!

I totally stole this idea from a TV show.
    For each set of teams:
    1 to date: Good-looking, but one fatal flaw.
    1 to marry: Likely to go all the way.
    1 to dump: Gonna fall flat on their faces in the first game.
    And then leave the last alone. I split it up by seeding just because that makes sense in my insomniac haze.

Wild Card Teams:
    Jets
    Ravens
    Eagles
    Packers

Division Winners:
    Cardinals
    Cowboys
    Bengals
    Patriots

First-Round Bye:
    Colts
    Chargers
    Saints
    Vikings

**********Automerged Doublepost**********

Wild Card Teams:
    Jets - Dump: I can't be convinced when the last meaningful game they won against a that finished over .500 was the Pats in week 2.
    Ravens
    Eagles - Date: They may be on a hot streak, but 0-4 against 10-win teams.
    Packers - Marry: A tough one, but it looks like these guys have great balance. Plus, worst loss is only 12 points to a hot Favre team.

Division Winners:
    Cardinals
    Cowboys - Marry: I know, you're saying what?!, but when you hold your opponents to 0 points in the last 2 games, one of which being against the Eagles... you're doing something right.
    Bengals - Dump: When these guys lose, they lose big. And when you're on a cold streak, things could get nasty.
    Patriots - Date: A good team at home, but 1-6 on the road? C'mon man...

First-Round Bye:
    Colts
    Chargers - Marry: Hottest team in the NFL. Only possible problem is Baltimore, who's beaten them once at home already.
    Saints - Dump: I'm afraid they've given up after the loss to Dallas.
    Vikings - Date: A quick one: Favre's wearing down again.

2. hermhater

hermhater Guest

I'd love to play your game, but I'd just marry BRETT FAVRE!!! on every line.

3. brakos82

brakos82 30% more cats than last year!

:no: You can only marry Brett Favre once.

4. hermhater

hermhater Guest

You don't know BRETT FAVRE!!!

5. CaptainStubing

CaptainStubing Gave her a Dirty Sanchez

ok, HH is creeping me out ......................... :icon_cheesygrin:

after the last few years in the playoffs being so unpredictable, i don't count any team out. however, i think we would all marry the chargers, cowboys, and packers, the hottest teams coming down the stretch. That doesn't always equal a championship though.

6. Matt314hew

Matt314hew Mr. Impossible

Wild Card Teams:
    Jets ~ Date. It is going to be tough for Sanchez and the O to put up another big game like they did in the first round on the road.
    Ravens
    Eagles ~ Dump. Great showing in a game that meant a home game or an away game for the first round of the playoffs. Didn't show much and got their asses handed to them. Don't see much more different except not an butt whooping this week.
    Packers ~ Marry. The only game this weekend that I am pretty confident in this week is the Packers over the Cardinals.

Division Winners:
    Cardinals ~
    Cowboys ~ Marry. They just looked too good for the Eagles.
    Bengals ~ Dump. Don't know how to show up for the big games.
    Patriots ~ Date. It is the playoffs, you can't expect them to go down without a fight.

First-Round Bye:
    Colts ~ Dump. I don't like resting players for 3 weeks. And the Colts did this. Manning will come out flat in the divisional game. but he does bounce back. Still, they lose.
    Chargers ~ Marry. Is there a team that is hotter then them right now?
    Saints
    Vikings ~ Date. Playoffs. Favre. Expect an NFC Championship game played in Minnesota this year.