Bill Polian Does Major Damage Control With Colts Fans

Discussion in 'Indianapolis Colts' started by Sweets, Jan 5, 2010.

1. Sweets

Sweets All-Pro

This week, Colts President Bill Polian focused on the fans' importance - not only to reaching 14-2, but in how the Colts will fare in the postseason. "One of the major reasons we're 14-2 is because we have the greatest fans in the league, and because this (Lucas Oil Stadium) is the toughest place to play in the league," Polian said. "The fans are part of that 14-2. They're part of this marvelous decade, a huge part of this marvelous decade we just witnessed. We need them to be part of this journey upon which we're about to embark. Without them, we lose a valuable member of our team. They are the 12th man."

Source: Examiner

2. CaptainStubing

CaptainStubing Gave her a Dirty Sanchez

freaking ungrateful fans .............. i say they switch the home cities for the colts and some team like the lions/bills/browns so a fan base that would appreciate a consistent winner would be grateful. Indy fans are spoiled after so much success.

3. dpn

dpn 18to44

I'll be there screaming my head off. Love the Colts!

4. lostfan

lostfan Starter

Really though they have every right to be pissed off, wouldn't you be pissed if you paid for Rams season tickets, you come to the game in Week 16 expecting them to cruise to 15-0 and a chance for a perfect season, then just say "heck it?" I mean, yeah, logically that makes football sense, but it's not often you get a shot at perfection as an NFL fan

5. URL54MVP

URL54MVP Pro Bowler

I'm pretty sure they fill Lucas Oil Stadium every week so what makes them ungrateful? Booing Curtis Painter? Complaining on internet message boards? I think most fan bases would react in a similar manner if their team was in that exact circumstance at home in Week 16 and that same thing happened to them.

Now if they decide to boycott the Colts playoff game or something, okay then I'd say it is fair to call them ungrateful. But that isn't happening. They will be over it by then and the excitement of the playoffs will have set in.