AFC Championship: Jets Vs Colts

Discussion in 'NFL Gameday' started by SRW, Jan 17, 2010.

?

Who will win the AFC Championship?

1. Indianapolis Colts

19 vote(s)
    76.0%
  2. New York Jets

6 vote(s)
    24.0%
  1. SRW

SRW Ex-World's Worst Site Admin

New York Jets vs Indianapolis Colts

Sunday, Jan. 24th @ 3:00pm EST (CBS)
    Lucas Oil Stadium - Indianapolis, Indiana

The top seed in the AFC will be taking on the surprising Jets in the AFC Championship. Will Peyton Manning get the Colts to the Super Bowl for the second time in his career? Will the Cinderella Jets pull off the major upset and go to the Super Bowl for the first time since their magical 1969 season when they pulled off one of the biggest upsets of all time? Discuss the AFC Championship here!

2. Crowned

Crowned Doesn't give a shit.

This will be hilarious if the Jets eliminate both teams (Bengals & Colts) that rested their starters giving the Jets a playoff spot, That said I think Colts win.

24-20 Ind

3. TJ

TJ Dez Caught It

You created this monster, Colts. Now you face it.

4. hermhater

hermhater Guest

Colts.

Blech.

5. TJ

TJ Dez Caught It

I'm sure the football gods won't allow the Super Bowl to be Jets - Vikings. I mean, can you imagine it? Will they re-name it the Brett Favre Bowl? How many stories about Favre re-building those two franchises will we hear? How many of us would end up shooting ourselves (I know of three: Ollysj, Fez, and me).

So the Gods will just nos allow it. It would be too cruel.

Saints - Colts will be the Super Bowl. At least the Manning Family is not that annoying.

6. CaptainStubing

CaptainStubing Gave her a Dirty Sanchez

i may make a prediction on this game later in the week after i have some time to think about it (and i may not) but i will just say this for right now............. don't automatically punch Indy's ticket to Miami.

7. The Sith

The Sith 1st Stringer

going with the Colts don't see the Jets winning this one.

8. K Train

K Train Do You Honeycutt?

then we have to hear about manning being the greatest and him growing up in NO and archie playing for them for all their years of misery.

GIVE ME FAVRE STORYLINES

9. DontKnowMe

DontKnowMe Anti-Social Networker

First I would like to say I never try to get behind the Chargers again after how they played today and in previous playoff games. Second if the Colts manage to lose next week we never hear the end of the deciscion made in week 16 to rest starters. But if there is a team I don't want to see in the Super Bowl, it's the Jets. I don't think they even be in the playoffs much the AFC championship game. So I want the Colts to win this just so I can see a Super Bowl game I'll enjoy watching.

10. TJ

TJ Dez Caught It

Holy crap :shock:

11. K Train

it would be 2 weeks of BONUS coverage before retirement comes up

favre coverage ftw!

also wouldnt it bite them in the butt if the team they "rested" their starters against beat them in the championship game? since they would be the sole reason the jets even had hope in the first place

epic storylines, i live for ir

12. Flacco2MasonTD

Flacco2MasonTD ಠ_ಠ

I hadn't even thought about the Brett Favre-bowl until TJ mentioned it, but that won't go down. Against BAL Peyton was perfect, he owned our CBs even when they were playing good coverage. Its gonna take more than 21 points for NYJ to win this one and once again that IND D has come alive in the playoffs.

13. K Train

peyton has a choke factor to him, even in the superbowl when he "got the monkey off his back" he did not play that well and if it wasnt for addai and rhodes dominating who knows what would have happened...he had a shaky game, the bears were just terrible.

he typically struggles against 34 defenses, and rex ryan is running a machine on defense in NY...he knows how to rattle peyton.

btw the ravens corners are terrible

14. DaBearsrule4ever

DaBearsrule4ever Hall Of Famer

15. This worked out perfectly for the Colts. They have to be chomping at the bit to show the fanbase that they could have destroyed the Jets in the regular season if the coach would have let them.

We brought you into these playoffs and we will take you out!

1 person likes this.
  16. SoDev

SoDev Don't tase me, bro!

This. Gangster post. :icon_cool: +rep

17. BettisComeBack

BettisComeBack Special Teamer

Colts.... I would be amazed if we saw Jets upset another, especially considering how they played against the Chargers. Jets are just fortunate that San Diego picked yesterday to play like a bunch of high schoolers

18. L.Johnson #27

L.Johnson #27 C-H-I-E-F-S - G-A-L-A-X-Y

upset would be great , but i i think the colts will win

19. Dougerrrr

Dougerrrr Laus Deo

I wouldn't count the Jets out of this. I picked the Colts but only because of Manning. The biggest difference I see between the Colts and the Chargers is the Colts have a great qb. The Chargers have Rivers. If the Jets can beat the Chargers (hot team with lots of weapons and a decent D) then they can beat the Colts (Hot team with lots of weapons and decent D) but that being said I don't think the Jets D will confuse Manning like they appeared to get to Rivers. Colts win in a hard fought game.